Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Corona Football Season

HomerJay

Corona Football Season  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

As long as we get well paid for use of the ground I would be happy with it. You would imagine we may get multiple games so could be a life saver for us 

No Scousers

1 minute ago, deane koontz said:

When this season is completed when will the new one start?

Fuck knows as the efl have dicked about 

just seen the Scottish season may start in August behind closed doors. If ours isn’t made to play out no reason why it can’t be late August/September 

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Steejay said:

Palios & McAntony are the two causing the delay.

The EFL need to grow some cajones and shut them up.

I'd be pissed off as a Tranmere fan if Palios wasn't fighting it

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Think to stop mass gatherings on key games 

it's their first title in 30 years and it's 30 miles down the road

middlebrook will be full of scousers

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I’m thinking social distance fanzones on the car parks😀

Just now, green genie said:

So makes no sense to play it in Lancashire. We still haven't gotten over Munich v st etienne in 74 so brizzle can have it

Scousers everywhere play it other end of the country and it be hammered 

16 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

I have seen a report they are thinking of semi finals and final at Wembley

Why???

Surely that means the FA having to pay Wembly - or who ever owns it a big wedge with no ticket income

I think that they're contracted to play particular games there for about twenty years or so aren't they?

18 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Scouse shrine!! Fucking good point that Marco lad. Scouse fucking shrine, no amount of money is worth that stainage!

Yeah fuck that, annual pilgrimages to the ground on the date and laying fucking wreaths on the pitch etc. They'd end up starting to call it Little Anfield and talking about us as if they're giving us a little pat on the head for existing.

Then we'd all be Dubuis.

20 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I see the vote on what to do with the League One season is now delayed until Monday June 8

The EFL Board have put their proposal to the clubs, who each now have the right to table alternatives (by 2/6, I think).

I believe the EFL will be asking for PPG with play-off semis on 18/19  and 22/23 June with the final on 28 or 29 June (alongside the League 2 final). Any proposal to play on with the full fixtures is unlikely, as is any proposal to expand play-offs to more clubs.

It is easy to portray the delay as indecision but it is following due process and maximising the chance of the league getting agreement to its own proposals.

5 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

They should take Liverpool games to Norwich or Brighton - as difficult to get to as possible.  Although always going to be scousers all over the uk.

they mentioned city v sheff Utd would need to be neutral due to issues between their fans ?? Really ?  

I can undeRstand the West Ham v Chelsea and Everton v Liverpool if Liverpool need a win to win the title

7 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Fuck knows as the efl have dicked about 

just seen the Scottish season may start in August behind closed doors. If ours isn’t made to play out no reason why it can’t be late August/September 

I fail to see how any lower division team can play without crowds.  Its not like we're talking 10 games to finish the season, if they start a new season that's a commitment to 46 games with potentially no gate income and the need to get loads of new players on longish contracts, and get them all tested every week?  Not going to happen.

• Members
22 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Imagine scousers all congregating outside our place with flags and smoke bombs 

some on here wouldn’t go back 

Stop it. 
me and you are gonna fall out 

7 hours ago, deane koontz said:

When this season is completed when will the new one start?

August. 

If they want to discourage Scousers from travelling, Wigan is a non starter.  Its a short train journey, and loads of scousers live locally in Skem, St Helens, Billinge, Haydock, Newton etc.  They'd walk to Wigan flying their flags.  At least they'd have to make an effort to get to Horwich or Blackburn.

20 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If they want to discourage Scousers from travelling, Wigan is a non starter.  Its a short train journey, and loads of scousers live locally in Skem, St Helens, Billinge, Haydock, Newton etc.  They'd walk to Wigan flying their flags.  At least they'd have to make an effort to get to Horwich or Blackburn.

They have some fans in Culcheth too going off the witty flags at Heysel

https://ibb.co/PFknb0n

As a previous poster said neutral Liverpool games should be in East Anglia or the South Coast