Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Opposing Player Who Got The Most Stick.

leigh white

Guest Nordkurve
1 hour ago, BoltonBoy80 said:

Steve McMahon when he was swindon boss.

those 2 semi final cup matches got abit feisty. He wasn’t happy with super John in first game at theirs.

He’s bald; he’s scouse; he’ll rob your fucking house 

He got dogs abuse from Manny Road in the game we beat them 7-1 (IIRC) as well. Fucking Scouse bastard.

During the era we kicked lumps out of Arsenal and they all got the hump, I remember Terry Henry shanking a cross into the North stand and getting a very loud WAAAYYY.  He lost his cool and started gesturing at the champions badge on the sleeve of his shirt and getting another WAAAYYY for his reaction.

Edited by frank_spencer

Not a player but the missus was watching one of those weight loss reality series a few years back and there was a big fat Chelsea fan on and the abuse he got from the notrights under the score board in the ESL after he appeared up the steps with an arm full of pies was the final push to get him to lose weight.

Odd sense of pride in that.

• Site Supporter

I've never understood booing and abusing opposition player. Especially in an angry manner. The majority thrive on it.

Banter I get but some some folk just across as simple.

Edited by HomerJay

1 minute ago, HomerJay said:

I've never understood booing and abusing opposition player. Especially in an angry manner. The majority thrive on it.

Banter I get but some some folk just across as simple.

The last game a case in point , at Burton some idiot was calling the keeper a Peado amongst other things. I mean is there any need for that really.