Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stolen from a mate's FB post

MickyD

• Site Supporter

He's normally good for factual stuff and not a bullshitter even though he's a red. 

Have the labour party gone from the frying pan to the fire with the latest leader?

"In 2009, the paedophile PJimmy Savile was interviewed under caution by police in Surrey and Sussex. Subsequently, the police referred 4 cases to the CPS alleging that Jimmy Savile had abused 3 girls under the age of 16. The CPS, after receiving the files from the police, refused to prosecute Savile and dropped the case claiming ‘insufficient evidence’’. After Savile’s death, and despite multiple attempts of high level cover ups, we now know that he abused up to 500 victims over a four-decade period. Why am I sharing this with you? The man in charge of the CPS at the time, that decided there was 'insufficient evidence' to charge Savile, is the now Leader of the Labour Party Sir Kier Starmer."

• Moderators

I mean, Johnny Rotten aired it in the 70s, the Connies were in charge for a large part of time when Savile was noncing people up.

You'd have to look at why the case wasn't prosecuted, I highly doubt the head of the CPS had any direct input.

• Moderators

aye, there was over 500 cases over 4 decades but the new labour leader didn't pursue 3 or 4 cases due to lack of evidence

maybe a lack of evidence was why he got away with 500 cases over 4 decades

but, Micky, ask your mate to answer this question directly: "Why am I sharing this with you?"

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Let’s just celebrate that Labour seem to be back on a mainstream track.

Plenty of time later for dissecting his iffy past.

Loads of MPs will have done things in their younger days that they later regret.

Just like most of the population! :)

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Loads of MPs will have done things in their younger days that they later regret.

Just like most of the population! :)

We aren’t MPs, though

😬

It's funny because yesterday I saw the same post but in that instance it was referring to the Cyril Smith investigation rather than Jimmy Saville.

It's just bullshit mudslinging and says more about the numpties sharing it rather than Starmer himself.

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

It's funny because yesterday I saw the same post but in that instance it was referring to the Cyril Smith investigation rather than Jimmy Saville.

It's just bullshit mudslinging and says more about the numpties sharing it rather than Starmer himself.

But surely back in the days of Saville and Smith and many others getting away with their crimes was because folk didn't share stuff otherwise they'd be plenty of evidence.