Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nuclear Holocaust Pissheadery

deane koontz

Anyone else been sensing an increasing feeling of tension in the air in the last week or so?

Some absolute dickhead driving, some moody faces/encounters in the supermarkets, also plenty of knobbers blatantly flouting the social distancing rules.

Not sure how long this lockdown can last without some form of major disorder, i think patience is wearing a bit thin in certain quarters

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Our bin of shame got a reset today.

Gonna aim (loosely) to not drink til Thursday nights virtual quiz night. 

Given its two nights that should be doable. 

got a sports on going on tomorrow if you fancy

i might start a seperate thread for it

11 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

I didn't know there was so much regional variance on bin colours

black: standard

Green: garden and food waste

Blue: cardboard

Brown: bottles

Currently, no green collections so that all goes in black, and blue and brown every four weeks

Which is not enough for the amount we're drinking

Colours exactly the same over here in East Manc 

Used to be green bin emptied every week with the other three on a weekly rotation 

Now it’s grey/black only. No recycling bin collected at all

Seems weird not recycling but at least I don’t have the shame of a bin being emptied of 3 weeks worth of wine and gin bottles 

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Anyone else been sensing an increasing feeling of tension in the air in the last week or so?

Some absolute dickhead driving, some moody faces/encounters in the supermarkets, also plenty of knobbers blatantly flouting the social distancing rules.

Not sure how long this lockdown can last without some form of major disorder, i think patience is wearing a bit thin in certain quarters

To be honest, I've not noticed anything untoward. No more so than normal. Arguably, since all this kicked off, folk have been a little less "rushed".

Had a couple of people walking in the road instead of the pavement for some strange reason- no one else around so no need to, but other than that nothing obvious.

5 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5792290

Couple of months back i was in traffic (about 4 cars back from the lights) next thing this cnut all in Lycra starts banging on my roof 

Window goes down and he has an absolute bitch fit saying I was in the cycle lane thought he was going to cry 

years back I would of gone all ronnie Pickering on him but I just laughed and drove off 

• Members
2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Couple of months back i was in traffic (about 4 cars back from the lights) next thing this cnut all in Lycra starts banging on my roof 

Window goes down and he has an absolute bitch fit saying I was in the cycle lane thought he was going to cry 

years back I would of gone all ronnie Pickering on him but I just laughed and drove off 

Cycle lanes most be the most untouched tarmac in the world no cunt is ever in one. Can’t stand them. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

He'd no doubt be one of those twats who, once at the front (no problem there) would proceed to go through a red light because nothing is coming.

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He'd no doubt be one of those twats who, once at the front (no problem there) would proceed to go through a red light because nothing is coming.

Camera on his helmet the works 

lights at the old swimming baths in Radcliffe 

oh yeah all the same before the lights change their halfway into the road 

6 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Hello sailor!! Yep

Mountain biker

No Lycra here though

Hate being on the roads 

Hang on fella, when I met you at your mum's,  you had full lycra on, name on back as well, helmet camera, flashing lights, water bottle,bike clips and the pump under your arm.

I wouldn't mind but you were driving your car 🤭

• Members
6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Oxford Road in the City centre was partially closed for 2 years a couple of years ago, they put cycle lanes in and nearly every cunt just cycles on the road and it pisses all the bus drivers off, that route from south MCR is the busiest in Europe for Buses, you would think cyclists would use the fuckers!

I wouldn’t mind but there’s no shortage of public transport right across Manchester, it’s very easy to get across it 

7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Hang on fella, when I met you at your mum's,  you had full lycra on, name on back as well, helmet camera, flashing lights, water bottle,bike clips and the pump under your arm.

I wouldn't mind but you were driving your car 🤭

That wasn’t a pump under my arm......

• Members

If any of you outstanding piss cans can point me in the direction of Joseph’s Holts Maple Gold that isnt 12 bottles for £30 I’d be much obliged, used to be £1.25 a bottle in Aldi but it’s now discontinued with them

47 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

If any of you outstanding piss cans can point me in the direction of Joseph’s Holts Maple Gold that isnt 12 bottles for £30 I’d be much obliged, used to be £1.25 a bottle in Aldi but it’s now discontinued with them

I'll ask my brother. He's got a Joey's pub, so might have some.