Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nuclear Holocaust Pissheadery

deane koontz

18 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

I’m missing my Czech beer. Could be next year before I can get the real stuff. Tried a bottle of Staropramen from Sainsbury’s and it tasted like every other shit U.K. lager. Probably because it’s brewed in the U.K. Tried Sainsbury’s own ‘Czech Pilsner Lager’ brewed in the Staropramen brewery in Prague! Brilliant stuff. 

i bottled my own stuff in prague while there in Jan

had some crackers, would love to have a proper bender there

6 minutes ago, L/H White said:

i bottled my own stuff in prague while there in Jan

had some crackers, would love to have a proper bender there

The thing about Czech beer is that there is no hangover. Seriously. All natural ingredients. On many occasions, my Saturday consisted of 3 Premier League games starting at 1.30 and finishing about 9pm. Copious amounts of Staropramen in various bars then bed for 10 and up early next morning. This time next years Rodney......

In the spirit of research I got a few bits n bats earlier, never had the Brewdog v Cloudwater before and it's as close to a sink pour as it can get without actually being poured away. 

I was chatting to someone the other day and they said they are wiping all their shopping down before putting it in their cupboards, no-one on here are wiping cans and bottles down before supping from them are they ?

3 hours ago, Boby Brno said:

I’m missing my Czech beer. Could be next year before I can get the real stuff. Tried a bottle of Staropramen from Sainsbury’s and it tasted like every other shit U.K. lager. Probably because it’s brewed in the U.K. Tried Sainsbury’s own ‘Czech Pilsner Lager’ brewed in the Staropramen brewery in Prague! Brilliant stuff. 

Nearest I've found is Sainsbury's own brand Czech stuff. Worth a go at £1.50 for 500ml Pilsner

Sainsbury's Czech Pilsner Lager 500ml | Sainsbury's

4 hours ago, Boby Brno said:

Morrisons sell the big 5l kegs of Budvar. I haven’t tried it but had a keg of the German beer Fruh a few weeks back, head and shoulders above the same beer in bottles, so it seems to travel better in those kegs.

Edited by Super Bock

2 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

In the spirit of research I got a few bits n bats earlier, never had the Brewdog v Cloudwater before and it's as close to a sink pour as it can get without actually being poured away. 

I was chatting to someone the other day and they said they are wiping all their shopping down before putting it in their cupboards, no-one on here are wiping cans and bottles down before supping from them are they ?

Yes wipe all my bottles and anything that is stored in its container soon as it’s home from the supermarket. Anti bac wipes and spray on the lot. I thought everyone would be doing that tbh 

27 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Yes wipe all my bottles and anything that is stored in its container soon as it’s home from the supermarket. Anti bac wipes and spray on the lot. I thought everyone would be doing that tbh 

Same here. My wife works in the control room at GMP.  Difficult to maintain the 2 metre social distancing there. When she comes off shift, she goes straight upstairs, changes her clothes and has a shower. She then disinfects all the door handles and surfaces that she has touched. 
Ive been doing the shopping as I’ve been idle for nearly 8 weeks now. She cleans all the shopping when I bring it back.

It’s what we call common sense. 

7 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Same here. My wife works in the control room at GMP.  Difficult to maintain the 2 metre social distancing there. When she comes off shift, she goes straight upstairs, changes her clothes and has a shower. She then disinfects all the door handles and surfaces that she has touched. 
Ive been doing the shopping as I’ve been idle for nearly 8 weeks now. She cleans all the shopping when I bring it back.

It’s what we call common sense. 

I would agree with you. Seems odd folk use anti bacterial wipes on trolleys in supermarkets and observe social distancing and wash hands etc all the time and then go home open a bottle and drink from it without cleaning it? 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Super Bock said:

Morrisons sell the big 5l kegs of Budvar. I haven’t tried it but had a keg of the German beer Fruh a few weeks back, head and shoulders above the same beer in bottles, so it seems to travel better in those kegs.

Youngest got me 2 of those at 4 quid a chuck

He's not all bad

• Moderators
Just now, ErnestTurnip said:

I'll be honest and say I've never disinfected a trolley handle or basket at a supermarket, seems pointless when you're going in touching all sorts of shit on the shelves that loads of other folk have touched after picking their noses.

Seems obvious

2 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I'll be honest and say I've never disinfected a trolley handle or basket at a supermarket, seems pointless when you're going in touching all sorts of shit on the shelves that loads of other folk have touched after picking their noses.

Loads of people disinfect their trolleys & baskets but how often does the bottle of sanitizer get disinfected?