Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nuclear Holocaust Pissheadery

deane koontz

Just now, ZicoKelly said:

I got there a while ago but then realised there's nothing else to do

I realise that will happen here too, soon enough.
When it does, I think I'l shun the beer and reacquaint myself with red wine and rum.

1 minute ago, blackleywhite said:

Nice one. Where from?

Got the equipment and kegs from Bunburys on chorley old road.

just finished my 2nd 50 pint keg last week.

had a rivington keg first...7% ish, and just finished Endless summer from black iris a session ipa.

Glad it's not just me who hides away in the garage with ale and his dart board, I only get strange looks off the folk who live here though.

Just back from Tesco and O-G Hazy and Katy kind of night, got a curry and some pizzas to make yet as well. Very few people violating the one way system tonight which was nice.

17 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

The Rivi one? It's outstanding.

Just had one of these courtesy of Booths

Altbairisch Dunkel

Was ok, but not caramel-y enough

Sierra Nevada

Now Goose, which is OK

2 minutes ago, DaisyHWanderer said:

Just opened a lagunitas ipa. Not bad on 4 for £6 at tesco, not much change (if any) from a fiver for a pint of that in manc

First had one of those in Florida - went a few years ago and stopped at Disney in one of the hotels. They had an amazing selection of IPAs on draught. Coincidentally it was the night that Wigan were relegated from the Premier League. I got absolutely 'tatered.

Same hotel had my absolute favourite drop of all time - Abita Turbodog. Can't get it over here. Only ever had it in NYC and at this hotel in Florida. I love it.

https://abita.com/brews/turbodog

image.jpeg.bb0d49628821b99522a6e2cb0fa4fe0b.jpeg

Had a DDH Ipa earlier also, “life in the clouds - collective arts brewing”, was quite cloudy and tasty with a bit of sediment . 6.1%, a mate ordered some beers to ours as a prize for winning his zoom quiz and they replaced a thornbridge one that was out of stock with that, nice drop never had any of their stuff before

45 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Nice.

Doesn't get up here THAT often but if you ever see DEYA Steady Rolling Man anywhere I recommend you take advantage

https://deyabrewing.com/beer/steady-rolling-man/

Style Icons: DEYA Brewing Co on Hoppy Beer - WE ARE BEER - WE ARE BEER

Really good with loads of tropical flavours. 

Can be expensive, you will do well to get it for less than a fiver a pint, even up North.

Will keep my eye out for this one 👍🏻

I've noticed that my drinking capacity has gone up.

Used to go out on a Friday night, and be wankered off 6/7 pints (5% lager) in 3/4 hours.

On an all dayer I'd probably have about 8-10 pints, and be able to remember most of the day.

During "Lockdown" I can easily nail 1 bottle of red wine & 8 cans of strong lager (5%) or cider (similar) starting about 7pm ish.

In pre-lockdown I would've gone to bed in a coma.

Nowadays I'm going to bed and even reading a book for a while before turning the light off after that session.

A couple of times I've done 2 bottles of red wine & 4 cans....... although to be fair they were early Sunday starts.....

I should imagine Zico isn't even slightly pissed with the amount he's been supping 😁

Edited by jeep
Pissed up idiot