Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nuclear Holocaust Pissheadery

deane koontz

Re Westons and Katy, does anyone ever give Chaplins a go ?

They do one in the sixes and one in the eights and before I moved to Katy exclusively I used to have 2 Chaplins (8.2%) and a Mr President as my school night standard bag, started mixing that up with Westons and then got rid of the Pres and moved to 3 Katy.

Think the Chaplins might be a bit sweeter from memory but either Asda or Morrisons always seemed to have a deal on the stronger one, not so much Tesco these days.

4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

BD answer me this, me drinking G&T does that make me a woofter?

I mean context is everything, but.............yes

• Members
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Just 2 bottles of Moretti tonight, day 2 of flatpacking, job done. I've had to apply germolene to my knees, got fucking carpet burns 🙄

Oooh shut that door 

Cider is the drink of choice today. After this weekend I’m going on a dry June so today I’m in tomorrow I might have a couple at a socially distanced bbq at the in laws and then that’s me. 

strongow cloudy Apple and magners. 2pm start I reckon 

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Cider is the drink of choice today. After this weekend I’m going on a dry June so today I’m in tomorrow I might have a couple at a socially distanced bbq at the in laws and then that’s me. 

strongow cloudy Apple and magners. 2pm start I reckon 

I'm the opposite. I haven't had a drink for 5 weeks. June could possibly see a return to true form 🙏

12 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

I'm the opposite. I haven't had a drink for 5 weeks. June could possibly see a return to true form 🙏

I’m not a huge drinker at home anyway. And have probably drank maybe equivalent of 24 pints since lockdown. Maybe a touch more. 

June back to running and other exercise and no drink. When the pubs open I will go missing for about 3 days. That’s a fact. 

As soon as English pubs are known to be opening I will be down to my mums for a few days take advantage 

This talk of cider at 2pm seems an excellent idea but I'm going to try to resist because I've a couple of hours of summat to do first.

I've noticed there's a bag of ice in our freezer and I've seen folk on the telly adverts have ice in their cider, is that summat that real people do ? Wife seems to put ice in her wine these days but I've put that down to menopause.

Just now, ErnestTurnip said:

This talk of cider at 2pm seems an excellent idea but I'm going to try to resist because I've a couple of hours of summat to do first.

I've noticed there's a bag of ice in our freezer and I've seen folk on the telly adverts have ice in their cider, is that summat that real people do ? Wife seems to put ice in her wine these days but I've put that down to menopause.

Always ice in my cider mate and plenty of it. 

I had a few gin and tonics yesterday afternoon. Went down like water. 

My Mrs puts fucking rosemary in hers the fucking weirdo. 

Anyway... Aldi Harrison gin is just as good as hendrix and its half the price (16 quid) 

39 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Advertising gimmick by Magners that ends up with watered down cider. Just get it chilled cold enough and drink it before it has a chance to warm up.