Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nuclear Holocaust Pissheadery

deane koontz

Couple of places doing take out on the barbican charging fiver for a pint that's well past best.

Excerpt below from Greene King release gives idea of new normal 

"Although there will be some new restrictions in place like social distancing, seating only and scheduled time frames for tables, we will finally be serving you a nice fresh cold pint of your choice."

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Fair enough each to their own 

Don't get me wrong, if this was 2005 I'd be sneering at anyone spending more than £3 on a pint

I used to be baffled, and still am to a degree, by anyone paying £3 for a coffee

Nice beer is nice beer though

3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Don't get me wrong, if this was 2005 I'd be sneering at anyone spending more than £3 on a pint

I used to be baffled, and still am to a degree, by anyone paying £3 for a coffee

Nice beer is nice beer though

Course, for me plenty of good premium lagers at cracking prices.

regarding coffee yes some outlets charge ridiculous prices for absolute shite, the Mrs gets off on costa 

• Site Supporter
On 18/06/2020 at 17:26, Norpig said:

I bet you're a laugh at parties aren't you? And for the record any emergency service can get lots of discounts through the blue light scheme.

Go on, tell me about this blue light scheme. I’d heard all about it whilst working but they ended up with about half a dozen businesses signed up to give emergency workers somewhere between 2.5% and 10% discount. That’s fine if you wanted a brand new car or a phone or whatever else is an, at best once a year purchase.

As an aside;

Currently Morrison’s give NHS staff 10% on production of a photo ID card. I know at least one paramedic who is shopping for all his neighbours and they, too, are enjoying his 10% discount. That’ll be the thing that gets the privilege taken away from them.

Once upon a time there was a Black and Decker staff shop in either Stockport or Trafford Park and they gave emergency services 25% discount. Again, a drill or similar is a one off purchase but certain emergency service employees ripped the arse out of it and were selling the stuff they bought on-line. The privilege was taken away.

9 hours ago, MickyD said:

Go on, tell me about this blue light scheme. I’d heard all about it whilst working but they ended up with about half a dozen businesses signed up to give emergency workers somewhere between 2.5% and 10% discount. That’s fine if you wanted a brand new car or a phone or whatever else is an, at best once a year purchase.

As an aside;

Currently Morrison’s give NHS staff 10% on production of a photo ID card. I know at least one paramedic who is shopping for all his neighbours and they, too, are enjoying his 10% discount. That’ll be the thing that gets the privilege taken away from them.

Once upon a time there was a Black and Decker staff shop in either Stockport or Trafford Park and they gave emergency services 25% discount. Again, a drill or similar is a one off purchase but certain emergency service employees ripped the arse out of it and were selling the stuff they bought on-line. The privilege was taken away.

Used to do work for a place that bottled wines and spirits in Irlam, they had a staff shop on site that was open on Thursdays and the workers could get wines at half the price it would be sold in the supermarkets. The story goes that one day the boss noticed one of the workers cars absolutely on its arse, one of them had filled his boot and back seats with the stuff to then sell on at a profit, and as usual, one greedy cunt ruined every body else's perk that they enjoyed and the shop was shut. 

Always someone that ruins it 🙄

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Back on track, but sorting for my bar

Either this

https://uk.blade.shop/blade-overview/

or

https://www.beerwulf.com/en-gb/p/beertaps/the-sub-compact-grey

Anyone got either of those?

No

The perfect draft system has jaipur, though, so dont rule that out

And id say availability of beers is prob the decider?

I think that reviewer on youtube reviewed the sub?

My mate has a perfect draught and is always trying to get me to get one, there is a shop in Little Lever that does kegs and you can take your empty ones back there for recycling apparently.

Not sure i want on as i like the variety of having cans and bottles from lots of different breweries and Beerhawk.

21 minutes ago, Norpig said:

My mate has a perfect draught and is always trying to get me to get one, there is a shop in Little Lever that does kegs and you can take your empty ones back there for recycling apparently.

Not sure i want on as i like the variety of having cans and bottles from lots of different breweries and Beerhawk.

Aye that’s what I have. I’ve 3 different ones at the moment. Spaten, Lowebrau and Jupiler (1 at a time obviously) I do the empties myself for a fiver back a keg, dead easy and every 3 months or so I can order in theory a couple free kegs.

My only downside to it is once one runs out I haven’t perfected a way to get the next keg perfectly chilled. So still keep a few cans as I’ve a step son and neighbour that also like these beers. 

Shop near me does them now if I need an emergency top up like you say but I try and avoid as he hasn’t sorted the keg refund bit out yet. I send my empties back to the Spar in little lever, loads of places do it now.

Love the fact it’s (in my opinion) like a pub pint sitting out in the garden.

Edited by tomski

12 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Does this thread close on 04.07?

In the meantime, Faith from Northern Monk is nice

Just change it to pissheadery. 

While you're at it merge the coronavirus thread with:

In or out again

Meanwhile in America 

Reading

Donald dead cat in his head 

Tommy Robinson 

Katie Hopkins