Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nuclear Holocaust Pissheadery

deane koontz

10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I did a few months mate and it’s the second time I’ve done it. Once was for my health and more recently cos I was going out at lunchtime and carrying on til the following afternoon and I was a wreck all week. It’s served me well and you can do it  

its always easier when it’s for the right reasons and your kids most certainly are 👍🏼

Lets do it then fuck it. For my mental health and my mrs, who hates me when Ive had a drink. Reminds her of dark times when it was a real problem and she cant shake it off.

I wont click on this thread till a 100 days has passed from tomorrow. X

Think it was last December I was told I had a fatty liver and while it could be because I'm fat these days they said it was more likely the ale.

Two eldest kids have been giving me grief as well so although I was on it early today I'll join you @gonzo.

I've done it once before and lost loads of weight and my mental health was much better so as much as it pains me, I'm in.

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Lets do it then fuck it. For my mental health and my mrs, who hates me when Ive had a drink. Reminds her of dark times when it was a real problem and she cant shake it off.

Very best of luck.

Watching Whitehouse and Mortimer last night and the beer looked tempting.

38 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Get some becks blue in, a couple of bottles in a pint glass, half the calories and you feel like you've had a pint. Nanny state by brew dog is decent too.

41 minutes ago, gonzo said:

You will smash it. First couple of weeks a piece of Piss will then get hard for a couple weeks and that’s the crunch point then it’s second nature. 

missus needs to let go as well though mate. Might have been hard for her (has been for mine at times) but she needs to trust you to do the right thing  and behave.  

mine is now happy to drive me to the boozer on a Saturday or a Sunday for 3/4 hours and pick me up. She doesn’t know about the bag that’s getting dropped off but somethings are better left unsaid.all about moderation pal 

you’ve got this 👍🏼

4 hours ago, gonzo said:

Gonna try 100 days sober from tomorrow.

Wish me luck. 

Good luck. 

I'm on a record since my drinking career started - 2 & 1/2 months.  First stopped at the end of April but i had a shit week and got pissed twice in June 😄

Feel better for it. Might see if i can get to the end of the year although it could be pushing it a tad, haha.

17 hours ago, gonzo said:

Are you sure it's not all the time, but that is just giving her a reason to hide behind? 🙂

• Moderators

My Mrs has insisted I knock the weed on the head, so had a blow out weekend in a caravan in wales

Am now not touching till our next weekend away in a month

This should also lead to reduced alcohol intake and a generally healthier approach to everything

Am up for it as well, which is half the battle with these things

Blimey. Three police cars were parked up round the corner a few weeks ago and eldest stepdaughter swore blind that the coppers took a hysterical woman into our next door neighbours house

Turns out it was the wife of the bloke across the road who was out of sorts. He always seemed a decent sort apart from his overly tight Man City tracksuit that didn’t really show a fat, late 50’s bloke in the best light.

Turns out that Covid Pissheadery hasn’t been good for him. Unable to go to the boozer he’d been necking 3 bottles of wine a night and ended up twatting his Mrs when she said that he couldn’t go back to the boozer when it opened up.

He’s moved out, as has the daughter, the house is up for sale, she’s trying to drop the charges, coppers are saying no.

Bet this is a common theme country wide

On 14/09/2020 at 19:52, MancWanderer said:

I reckon my intake has at least doubled during this time. Wine is the killer for me

Need to make an effort to cut down 

I cut the cigs out completely 1 year 7 months and 22 days ago (not that I'm counting or owt) so I know that I can do it

Well you won’t be cutting down on Friday night pal. Sample a few of leiths finest Establishments.  Just remember to bring your scottish accent with you 

Morrisons do a catpiss 2% lager £1.10 for 4x440ml.

It's obviously shite but...chilled to within an inch of being frozzen it's no worse than crap like Fosters or Carling.

It's an acceptable halfway house imo - alcohol free shit just doesn't cut it and is often quite expensive.

The best (an oxymoron) of non-alcohol lager I've had was in Spain, Spar's own brand in a light blue 330ml can and about 37 cents apiece. Unlike every other of this ilk, and I've tried them all it actually tasted like real beer albeit pissy weak shit, all the others taste like Supermalt mixed with cold tea and a pipette or two's worth of Skol added last minute.

I used to go in Holts pubs and have two Clausthaler in a pint glass when I was on the wagon in the past, they did them cheap, £1.10ish and it wasn't that bad. Stopped selling them tho' (well they did in my local, which no longer exists anyway).

I find it easier to just give it all a swerve completely - made easier by no match to attend.

Contrary to popular opinion I could do 100 days stood on my head. 😛😋