Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nuclear Holocaust Pissheadery

deane koontz

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

330ml. And it’s showing as 5% not 7+? 

is there  more than one? I’ve bought a box to give it a try 

Just now, ErnestTurnip said:

It's OG Hazy that's the stronger one and in 440ml.

dunno then

end of the day it's 5%, probably nice enough, and £1.16 a bottle

so can't complain really

2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Do hazy jane at my place but expensive 

Aye they’re not cheap. Some of this cloud water stuff that folk go on about is over 3quid a tin I think. Fuck that for a game of soldiers. Not paying that for a can to drink at home.  Not a chance 

19 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Blimey. Three police cars were parked up round the corner a few weeks ago and eldest stepdaughter swore blind that the coppers took a hysterical woman into our next door neighbours house

Turns out it was the wife of the bloke across the road who was out of sorts. He always seemed a decent sort apart from his overly tight Man City tracksuit that didn’t really show a fat, late 50’s bloke in the best light.

Turns out that Covid Pissheadery hasn’t been good for him. Unable to go to the boozer he’d been necking 3 bottles of wine a night and ended up twatting his Mrs when she said that he couldn’t go back to the boozer when it opened up.

He’s moved out, as has the daughter, the house is up for sale, she’s trying to drop the charges, coppers are saying no.

Bet this is a common theme country wide

Deffo will be an increase in domestic abuse and alcoholism.

Divorce rates will skyrocket too as people realise they can't stand their partners annoying as fuck habits 24/7! 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Aye they’re not cheap. Some of this cloud water stuff that folk go on about is over 3quid a tin I think. Fuck that for a game of soldiers. Not paying that for a can to drink at home.  Not a chance 

you can easiily pay upwards of £5 a can, sometimes £6

though they tend to be 7%+, sometimes nearer 10%

Just now, ZicoKelly said:

I know a lad that does most of his supping at home and loves all that cloud water stuff. I dread to think how much he spends a month on the stuff at the prices of it. However, when he does venture out for a drink with us, you try getting the fucker in a round. I can't get my head around it. 

54 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

There is a boozer in Edinburgh that most folk don’t know about and it does it’s own craft beers. One of them is a 10.8% grapefruit beer. It’s lovely but only served in half pints cos of the strength and it’s about 5quid a half. 

but no chance am I paying 5/6 quid for a can to sit at home. Not a hope in hell. 

12 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

There is a boozer in Edinburgh that most folk don’t know about and it does it’s own craft beers. One of them is a 10.8% grapefruit beer. It’s lovely but only served in half pints cos of the strength and it’s about 5quid a half. 

but no chance am I paying 5/6 quid for a can to sit at home. Not a hope in hell. 

Many years ago, living in Torquay, the nearest pub had a big sign saying that outsiders could only buy a half of their Scrumpy because it was so powerful.

It was a gimmick to tempt in the tourists & flog them strongish cider.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Favourite beer ive come across is a glasgow brew

Overtone brewery, southern hemisphere

Think it was 4.40 or maybe 4.80

Excellent though

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Just had a look shame these places don’t do draft or mini kegs. Cans seems to be in fashion just now eh 

Agree to a point, but ill generally not have more than 3 or 4 cans of the good stuff in a night (if i want more, itll be becks or similar)

And ill generally not drink more than one of any particular 4 quid plus can in a sitting

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

can someone please start a thread about arty farty beer only.

you can then all masturbate (socially distanced) without disturbing normal people

Aye

scrub this thread

Have one about decent ale

And another focussing in the mass produced piss sauce and cooking lagers like fosters, Carlsberg and that fucking nonsense from Dublin.