Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nuclear Holocaust Pissheadery

deane koontz

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, boogs said:

He had it on his patio but was the embers that drifted and landed on the "grass". Although I know from experience that he is the sort to pile loads on and have it raging rather than a satisfactory moderate glowing fire. In other words, partly his own fault I reckon. 

Apparently, in years gone by, the folk in my street and adjacent one, would have a November bonfire on the amenity grass at the end of the road. Neighbours would lift the turf and set it to oneside, and relay it afterwards. 

Always struck me as being a top thing to do. No good if your AstroTurf is fastened down like :)

7 hours ago, Escobarp said:

This is the place that lidl are selling up here for 1.59 a can the difference in prices is unbelievable. And it clearly states on the can who is making it. Makes no sense as will surely devalue their own product? Lovely drop as well it is 

https://www.71brewing.com/item/81/71Brewing/Take-The-Long-Way-Home.html

Asda have got some brewed by BAD Co brewery miles cheaper than BAD Co sell for.

Had a nice Denver Milk Stout from them via Asda at £1.25 can this week.

Due to one thing and another I did one day of not drinking after drunkenly posting I was going to join gonzo on his 100 day mission.

The "one thing or another" does seem to have been around for almost 40 years though.

Wonder how many regulars in this thread could knock it on the head tomorrow if they said so.

Did it instantly with ciggies after being a pretty heavy smoker and have had the odd one since without going back but ale is different as is every drug with different people.

It's seems to be part of what a lot of people do on here and are involved with but at the risk of being fucking Mumsnet could you give up it up for a year with no issue and then crack on?

19 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Due to one thing and another I did one day of not drinking after drunkenly posting I was going to join gonzo on his 100 day mission.

The "one thing or another" does seem to have been around for almost 40 years though.

Wonder how many regulars in this thread could knock it on the head tomorrow if they said so.

Did it instantly with ciggies after being a pretty heavy smoker and have had the odd one since without going back but ale is different as is every drug with different people.

It's seems to be part of what a lot of people do on here and are involved with but at the risk of being fucking Mumsnet could you give up it up for a year with no issue and then crack on?

Football and beer, eh?

• Members

I could give it up no problem, when I’m working I barely have time. Can’t have a few at night if I’m driving at the risk of being pulled the next morning , can’t drink after a game because I have to drive home.

Its rare that I get a weekend off.

Lockdown was a false Dawn really because I could work from home and it was lovely weather so I would put a bit away.