Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nuclear Holocaust Pissheadery

deane koontz

Soon slip back into old habits, will mean waking up at 1:30 and then hardly sleeping the rest of the night and being downstairs with a brew at 6am.

Since being back in work on the 4th had a drink every night I think, going to have a gin or summat and call it quits for tonight.

Not brewed in about a year but bought some grain so might do a brew and not drink until it's ready, going to be a few shite months at work at least but realistically ale aint going to help. 

Eight pissing days at least since I ordered my 'free' Brewdog 4pack...

I've been out of the house during delivery hours for about two or three hours during that time - no 'missed you' card or owt.

If they left it on the doorstep (or with all but one neighbour) then that'll be ale I'll never sup.

Couldn't give a fuck about £1.95 but it's the principle - if they simply ain't delivered or someone's swiped 'em off the doorstop or some bastard neighbour has got merry with them.

Did anyone else order any?

They've pissed their chips for future orders off me - even if they turn up...

3 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I've been out of the house during delivery hours for about two or three hours during that time - no 'missed you' card or owt.

If they left it on the doorstep (or with all but one neighbour) then that'll be ale I'll never sup.

Couldn't give a fuck about £1.95 but it's the principle - if they simply ain't delivered or someone's swiped 'em off the doorstop or some bastard neighbour has got merry with them.

I wouldn't anyway. I know that marketing agencies are probably on the bottom.of people's sympathy lists but they why they treat some the pitch process (which if you've done them is long, grim and often fruitless from the doc to the chemistry pitch to the full pitch and then the endless call backs if you are lucky)

Brewdog are not the nicest, but then the nicest never rarely get to dominate a market. I just wouldnt buy into James' fluff about the company.or its marketing.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I wouldn't anyway. I know that marketing agencies are probably on the bottom.of people's sympathy lists but they why they treat some the pitch process (which if you've done them is long, grim and often fruitless from the doc to the chemistry pitch to the full pitch and then the endless call backs if you are lucky)

Brewdog are not the nicest, but then the nicest never rarely get to dominate a market. I just wouldnt buy into James' fluff about the company.or its marketing.

Yeah, i was very cynical about this, more likely am empty gesture for PR purposes and social media likes 

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

Yeah, i was very cynical about this, more likely am empty gesture for PR purposes and social media likes 

Its a nice bit of brand alignment. It doesn't hurt them and they are shut anyway. If I was their marketing agency I'd certainly be advocating for a.mive like this, lots of business are doing similar.

Shitty company in my opinion, beer is OK, but their marketing is top notch. 

A perfect brand, not a nice one though.

6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

They paint this picture of two eco-warrior beardy types knocking up product in a zero carbon fashion - then stick unrecyclable black plastic 'cap' connectors on their can packs (or did)...

Another set who don a faux 'eco' halo.

They're massive wankers, but, like you say, pretty much all big companies are - you'd need plenty time and energy and big buggery pockets full of cash to fully boycott all wankerfirms...

1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Don't Global Mega Spazzacorps Brewing and Vintners own a very significant share in Brewdog these days?

And their bars, when open, are twat ground zero.

Exactly, people are not going to the Shoreditch brewdog because they are craft beer lovers. They are paying 7 quid a pint to be in the place to be.

They are even open source, which is a great move. Noone is really going to make shed loads of their beer, even rival company. Their worth is their brand, not what they produce.

7 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Exactly, people are not going to the Shoreditch brewdog because they are craft beer lovers. They are paying 7 quid a pint to be in the place to be.

They are even open source, which is a great move. Noone is really going to make shed loads of their beer, even rival company. Their worth is their brand, not what they produce.

Is there not a danger they can, overnight, be deemed naff?

The real hipster arses probably fucked them off long ago.

But perhaps even the wannabe hip will follow suit eventually.

Give me an old bloke pub anyday. Pickled eggs on the bar, gold label on a shelf, avocado sink/bog - black hard plastic seat and steel piss-stones with blue urinal cakes, miserable owd cunt sipping a mild/bitter split in the corner...

Or is that just me recalling 'Early Doors'?

If anyone knows of one like the description above let us know - that's the place I want to enjoy my first post-lockdown pint.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

They are entry level craft, pioneers of the market and have been at it over 10 years 

I don't mind a pint of Punk, but hardcore craft hipsters sneer at anyone who takes their brew to supermarket shelves 

These guys have done well getting their beer and bars everywhere, those that sneer would do the same if the opportunity arose

I read that some American hipster twats decided to be ultra-contrarian and started 'ironically' supping mass-market catpiss like Pabst Blue Ribbon etc.

It even briefly appeared on supermarket shelves over here a few years back.

I've wrote before, I'd love to set up a blind tasting with a load of 79p to £2.30 or so Home Bargains/Aldi/Lidl/Morrison's etc. sourced brews and a bunch of £7 a can 'true' craft. I'd wager seven of ten crafties - snob or wanker, wouldn't be able to discern which was which, let alone the ultimate test - rank them in price.

19 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Give me an old bloke pub anyday. Pickled eggs on the bar, gold label on a shelf, avocado sink/bog - black hard plastic seat and steel piss-stones with blue urinal cakes, miserable owd cunt sipping a mild/bitter split in the corner...

Or is that just me recalling 'Early Doors'?

If anyone knows of one like the description above let us know - that's the place I want to enjoy my first post-lockdown pint.

Of course, that's why the 'real' microbreweries have popped up everywhere. Also why its seen as a but chavvy by the pretentious London young crowd who wouldn't be seen dead in the Brewdog near L.Square. Also the one I Edinburgh seem to attract tossers from all.over the world!

I know loads down here, looking forward to going back.

But also I do like going to places like Peckham Levels as well. Horses for courses an all that.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I read that some American hipster twats decided to be ultra-contrarian and started 'ironically' supping mass-market catpiss like Pabst Blue Ribbon etc.It even briefly appeared on supermarket shelves over here a few y a bunch of £7 a can 'true' craft. 

Aye, it was definitely popping up in craft shops over here, i only knew it was red neck beer after being told on a visit to the states 

Newcastle Brown is big over there in the craft hipster scene, or it was around 10 years ago 

Anyhow, after thirty odd years of research, I've finally decided, bar some bargain dropping in my lap, inavailability of my choices or a brew of unparalleled excellence crossing my path - all my home drinking (ale) will be Guinness Original or McEwan's Export Ale from now on in. Those being, imo, a perfect alignment of; price, taste, availability and little in the way of undesired after-effects.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Yeah same. Not even dispatched 

I get  it was a ploy to get you to buy in the future but if you don’t get good service when it’s free it’s gonna put you off in the future 

7 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Yeah same. Not even dispatched 

I get  it was a ploy to get you to buy in the future but if you don’t get good service when it’s free it’s gonna put you off in the future 

Like I wrote - I couldn't give less of a fuck about £1.95, but expecting anything being delivered and it not arriving day after day pisses me right off, whether it's a £2 usb lead or a £500 laptop or jacket...

Can't even remember my Brewdog login either. I've about eight 'spam only' gmail accounts...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

15 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Aye, it was definitely popping up in craft shops over here, i only knew it was red neck beer after being told on a visit to the states 

Newcastle Brown is big over there in the craft hipster scene, or it was around 10 years ago 

I think I saw it in Asda...

Dunno why I prefer Newky in cans, tastes less sweet imo, probably psychological and no actual difference.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Anyhow, after thirty odd years of research, I've finally decided, bar some bargain dropping in my lap, inavailability of my choices or a brew of unparalleled excellence crossing my path - all my home drinking (ale) will be Guinness Original or McEwan's Export Ale from now on in. Those being, imo, a perfect alignment of; price, taste, availability and little in the way of undesired after-effects.

I had a case of McEwans recently and bought another a few days later. Ticks every box.

Innis & Gunn do a lager that has rolled oats as an ingredient and its delicious. Aldi had it on the shelves for a while but not seen it for ages.