Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nuclear Holocaust Pissheadery

deane koontz

54 minutes ago, Spider said:

I had a case of McEwans recently and bought another a few days later. Ticks every box.

Innis & Gunn do a lager that has rolled oats as an ingredient and its delicious. Aldi had it on the shelves for a while but not seen it for ages.

Asda was selling 12x440ml boxes of 'The Red Hand Grenade' for £10 but their site no longer has it listed, going to the Burnden shithole toneet so will see for sure.

In my opinion it's a winner, it's available almost everywhere for about a quid or a few pence more per can - can't go wrong.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Asda was selling 12x440ml boxes of 'The Red Hand Grenade' for £10 but their site no longer has it listed, going to the Burnden shithole toneet so will see for sure.

In my opinion it's a winner, it's available almost everywhere for about a quid or a few pence more per can - can't go wrong.

Hate that place. Got sacked from there when I was 18. Shit hole 😂

Just now, bolton_blondie said:

Hate that place. Got sacked from there when I was 18. Shit hole 😂

Is it true there's a full length mirror between the staff area and shopfloor emblazoned with the legend 'SMILE! YOU'RE ON THE ASDA STAGE'...

I wouldn't be too pissed off, they're tossers. I remember once some meathead from my gym, about 6' 2' and 16 stone was mincing about stacking yoghurts etc. whilst some 5' skinny lass was humping around those 6x2L cases of pop/water bottles stacking the drinks section.

And when they brought in self-scan I noticed almost all the staff they got shut of were the ones originally from Africa.

• Members
15 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Is it true there's a full length mirror between the staff area and shopfloor emblazoned with the legend 'SMILE! YOU'RE ON THE ASDA STAGE'...

I wouldn't be too pissed off, they're tossers. I remember once some meathead from my gym, about 6' 2' and 16 stone was mincing about stacking yoghurts etc. whilst some 5' skinny lass was humping around those 6x2L cases of pop/water bottles stacking the drinks section.

And when they brought in self-scan I noticed almost all the staff they got shut of were the ones originally from Africa.

Haven't a clue. Nearly 34 now so can't remember sod all. I worked on the photo developing counter whilst I was at college to fund my 4 nights a week drinking 😂 spent more time in the warehouse wagging and flirting with the middle aged manager who was 20 years older than me. No idea why I was sacked 😂

3 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Eight pissing days at least since I ordered my 'free' Brewdog 4pack...

I've been out of the house during delivery hours for about two or three hours during that time - no 'missed you' card or owt.

If they left it on the doorstep (or with all but one neighbour) then that'll be ale I'll never sup.

Couldn't give a fuck about £1.95 but it's the principle - if they simply ain't delivered or someone's swiped 'em off the doorstop or some bastard neighbour has got merry with them.

Did anyone else order any?

They've pissed their chips for future orders off me - even if they turn up...

order confirmation email says it'll be dispatched week commencing 8th Feb.....

44 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Didn't realise you could order. I like stronger malt tasting beers rather than the hoppy stuff, do bank top do one of those?

I think they’ve had to adapt and get their beer online. Bad to the Bone is more malty and the Mild/Port o’ Call are good if you like darker beers.

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Didn't realise you could order. I like stronger malt tasting beers rather than the hoppy stuff, do bank top do one of those?

Mr Sweeney made a beer in 2019 called Hercules after Steptoe and sons horse

it is epic and just what you are after ,proper old school warming winter beer , unfortunately Dave wouldnt listen to sense and it is bottled in 330ml bottles. That makes it an expensive buy compare to 500ml in supermarkets

when it is on draught around christmas , happy holidays

1 minute ago, crawshawbooth said:

Mr Sweeney made a beer in 2019 called Hercules after Steptoe and sons horse

it is epic and just what you are after ,proper old school warming winter beer , unfortunately Dave wouldnt listen to sense and it is bottled in 330ml bottles. That makes it an expensive buy compare to 500ml in supermarkets

when it is on draught around christmas , happy holidays

Thats the ticket for this time of year. Im not a craft beer fan, they seem to give me a headache after one and I'm not into hoppy beers, rather have a lager.

Although, some of the hoppy ales in Kent are really good I have to admit.

Just now, jmjhb said:

Leprechaun Stout is great, agreed. I'm not too fond of their most recent beers though, certainly compared to their old favourites.

agreed ,lots of it is too airy fairy shite 

and why do i have to drink a barrel of dark mild just to get Port of call on

Was fucking ridiculous when we were last allowed