Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nuclear Holocaust Pissheadery

deane koontz

On 06/03/2021 at 00:12, leigh white said:

Wetherspoons gave a list of the pubs opening on April 12th, I think the one closest to me is the Eccles Cross, fuck off Tim Martin, you told staff a year ago to find another job when lockdown began a year ago, plenty of pubs in Leigh will be open that day.

On 05/03/2021 at 20:24, Zico said:

Sorry couldn't get rid of this quote from post box for some reason.

Edited by DaisyHWanderer

16 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Just keeping @Youri McAnespiehappy, having a 7.5% £1.29 pear cider from BM

I don't go to B&M, went once and bought a big bottle of Amaretto knockoff, a mistake, it was palatable enough but I supped the whole lot and chaos ensued.

I don't drink so-called Pear Cider either - as it's neither got much pear in it and isn't really cider, in fact its got more in common with White 'Cider', in that it's mainly glucose syrup fermented with flavourings and the tiniest bit of apple/pear added, hence the cheesy aftertaste (the fermented glucose).

I don't mind real Perry but haven't seen any in years.

Cheers, I dunno if I'd seek it out to drink at home, but I'd be up for visiting a orchard/perry-ery for a tour and tasting...

Harvest Tradition used to be perry, bog-standard stuff but made with perry pears.

I can remember a mate, who was skint, buying a two litre bottle when we were kids...His parents were out and whilst we all drank lager from the can - he sat there in a recliner with his mam's little wine table, a champagne flute and his giant bottle of perry, drinking it in an affected effete manner - like some child wine connoisseur.

The effect was rather spoiled when, down to his last glass, he passed out and started puking all down his front (without waking).

36 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I don't go to B&M, went once and bought a big bottle of Amaretto knockoff, a mistake, it was palatable enough but I supped the whole lot and chaos ensued.

I don't drink so-called Pear Cider either - as it's neither got much pear in it and isn't really cider, in fact its got more in common with White 'Cider', in that it's mainly glucose syrup fermented with flavourings and the tiniest bit of apple/pear added, hence the cheesy aftertaste (the fermented glucose).

Are BM not Home Bargains?

42 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

It was Home bargains

I’m slowly turning the heat up on my drinking ready for the pubs opening

cleared the shelf of super bock in b&m (big bottles £1.29) absolute bargain 

• Members
9 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I’m slowly turning the heat up on my drinking ready for the pubs opening

cleared the shelf of super bock in b&m (big bottles £1.29) absolute bargain 

Such a good drop, i used to be partial to the hop house 13 but having one tonight and think I prefer superbock