Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nuclear Holocaust Pissheadery

deane koontz

3 hours ago, QFPants said:

No I was just interested. My Garmin had me at 565 calories for a 10k yesterday and I was wondering how accurate that was and how many beers I’d earned. 

I did a 10.29km a couple of weeks ago and my 'MapMy' app reckoned 1056kcal burned...

I ain't having it that it's inaccurate to the tune of almost double.

I'm not particularly arsed as I'll get there anyway and always take my average km/min times as more indicative of improvement, but I may change app if it's that much out.

Anyhow, back to topic.

These Desperados or Amigos or whatever, I'm sure our friends at Home Bargains do giant bottles of one or t'other for about two quid.

Never mentioned it before as I assumed only wimmin drank it.

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I did a 10.29km a couple of weeks ago and my 'MapMy' app reckoned 1056kcal burned...

I'm not particularly arsed as I'll get there anyway and always take my average km/min times as more indicative of improvement, but I may change app if it's that much out.

Anyhow, back to topic.

These Desperados or Amigos or whatever, I'm sure our friends at Home Bargains do giant bottles of one or t'other for about two quid.

Never mentioned it before as I assumed only wimmin drank it.

Ha ha! 😂

Yes a home bargains special! Just about to crack the first open!

As my avatar suggests I’m into a bit of the tequila infused lager, nice and refreshing (just after another 10k - 886 calories 😉

11 minutes ago, desperado said:

Ha ha! 😂

Yes a home bargains special! Just about to crack the first open!

As my avatar suggests I’m into a bit of the tequila infused lager, nice and refreshing (just after another 10k - 886 calories 😉

It's my sister's (paracetamols/ironing board) go to drink straight after a longer shift at work...

A big Desperado.

She says it's for the 'taste', I suspect it's to make up for lost drinking time (as they're about 6%).

Anyhow, it sounds like you've earned it, and 886 calories for 10km sounds much more plausible to me.

565? No chance, get some new kit, QFPants...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Strava has me about the same

maybe QF was walking, or a slow runner

4 minutes ago, Zico said:

Strava well known for overstating calories 

10k run for me This morning came in at 884 as per my watch which I think is pretty accurate and I’m heavier than you 

17 minutes ago, Zico said:

I had visions of him tootling along on a small childs scooter. 😀

And the Garmin rumbled his antics so rounded him down...

I've thought about it and maybe 1000+ for 10km is overegging it, I'd do 10km on the treadmill at the gym and it'd just about reach four figures calorie-wise but the whole run I'd do on incline.

I think once I mentally noted "That's Scafell Pike..." on reading 'metres climbed' but I may have dreamt that...

Now then, intermittent fasting, does drinking a can of 'Lynx' lager two hours before fast end count?

I might get 'gone' off it, having not eaten fourteen hours already...

I might drink it through a straw, or does that only work with cider?

I remember when we were kids a lad heard that and tried to drink a full 2L of Strongbow through one of those tiny red Vimto cup straws...

27 minutes ago, Zico said:

Yes no way you can rely on Strava for calories, mine is linked to my Garmin though.

Was 44 minutes something I think, to be fair I only weigh about 61kgs so I’m not that arsed about calories, was just curious how it worked out.

Now to crack open a Big Drop pale ale just for @Rudy

• Members
Just now, QFPants said:

Yes no way you can rely on Strava for calories, mine is linked to my Garmin though.

Was 44 minutes something I think, to be fair I only weigh about 61kgs so I’m not that arsed about calories, was just curious how it worked out.

Now to crack open a Big Drop pale ale just for @Rudy

That’s the spirit 

COYWM

23 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

I'm having a beer. Gonna be smashed in half an hour. Please dont report me to SS 👍

I’ve just had a proper pint; your secret’s safe with me

Today has been the first day where I’ve seriously expected to put a decent amount of ale away, yet I’ve only had two 500ml 1664, four 660ml Keo and two 500ml Aldi Pilsner so about eight pints by my reckoning. Fuck all really given it was spread over 11 hours. Maybe it’s the difference in sitting on the couch versus drinking on the train and then racing from pub to pub?

99 days for me. I resisted the other night. Tomorrow marks the 100 days. Was planning on having a beer but shall see how the mood takes me tomorrow. If not might save it til Monday til the Newport game. 

and the only thing that will do as a first drink back will be the glorious tennents

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Two 660ml Keo and two 660ml Warsteiner. I must be out of drinking practice because I was a wreck.

Keo is one of the worst beers in the world.

seems ok sat in the Cypriot sun, but by fuck it mustn’t  travel well because I had it when I got back from paphos and it was like drinking fizzy bin juice

Edited by Spider

3 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Just popped into Tommy’s

Anyone owning up to Tipa?

@£8.79

@Youri McAnespie

It's because of folk being taken in by chicanery like this that a bottle of Heineken is now £2.99 in corner-shops and a pint of Guinness will probably be about seven quid everywhere when the pubs open again, apart from shithair Brexitwat's gaffs.

9 hours ago, Escobarp said:

99 days for me. I resisted the other night. Tomorrow marks the 100 days. Was planning on having a beer but shall see how the mood takes me tomorrow. If not might save it til Monday til the Newport game. 

and the only thing that will do as a first drink back will be the glorious tennents

Tennents is the best tramp juice ever ever brewed
should be one of those online petitions going to get it back to original strength
i dream about the old days when you could find it on draught
EXTRA  of course

• Moderators

Regardless of price, TIPA just don't do it for me 

That strong they don't taste hoppy anymore 

A few DIPA push the boundaries of being an enjoyable booze 

Sweet Spot for me is 6.5-7%

That said, had Soylent Green from Pomona yesterday, 5.7% pale, was lavely