Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

57 minutes ago, Spider said:

Innis & Gunn do a lager that has rolled oats as an ingredient and its delicious. Aldi had it on the shelves for a while but not seen it for ages.

Lidl up here always has it in pal. 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

massively in today  I'm going to be a Dad  had our 12 week scan today

Cheaper than a night out, still A night out I can’t have So, in broad terms, fuck it

He's just a shit world cup

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Asda was selling 12x440ml boxes of 'The Red Hand Grenade' for £10 but their site no longer has it listed, going to the Burnden shithole toneet so will see for sure.

In my opinion it's a winner, it's available almost everywhere for about a quid or a few pence more per can - can't go wrong.

Hate that place. Got sacked from there when I was 18. Shit hole 😂

Just now, bolton_blondie said:

Hate that place. Got sacked from there when I was 18. Shit hole 😂

Is it true there's a full length mirror between the staff area and shopfloor emblazoned with the legend 'SMILE! YOU'RE ON THE ASDA STAGE'...

I wouldn't be too pissed off, they're tossers. I remember once some meathead from my gym, about 6' 2' and 16 stone was mincing about stacking yoghurts etc. whilst some 5' skinny lass was humping around those 6x2L cases of pop/water bottles stacking the drinks section.

And when they brought in self-scan I noticed almost all the staff they got shut of were the ones originally from Africa.

15 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Is it true there's a full length mirror between the staff area and shopfloor emblazoned with the legend 'SMILE! YOU'RE ON THE ASDA STAGE'...

I wouldn't be too pissed off, they're tossers. I remember once some meathead from my gym, about 6' 2' and 16 stone was mincing about stacking yoghurts etc. whilst some 5' skinny lass was humping around those 6x2L cases of pop/water bottles stacking the drinks section.

And when they brought in self-scan I noticed almost all the staff they got shut of were the ones originally from Africa.

Haven't a clue. Nearly 34 now so can't remember sod all. I worked on the photo developing counter whilst I was at college to fund my 4 nights a week drinking 😂 spent more time in the warehouse wagging and flirting with the middle aged manager who was 20 years older than me. No idea why I was sacked 😂

3 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Eight pissing days at least since I ordered my 'free' Brewdog 4pack...

I've been out of the house during delivery hours for about two or three hours during that time - no 'missed you' card or owt.

If they left it on the doorstep (or with all but one neighbour) then that'll be ale I'll never sup.

Couldn't give a fuck about £1.95 but it's the principle - if they simply ain't delivered or someone's swiped 'em off the doorstop or some bastard neighbour has got merry with them.

Did anyone else order any?

They've pissed their chips for future orders off me - even if they turn up...

order confirmation email says it'll be dispatched week commencing 8th Feb.....

2 hours ago, Super Bock said:

Stocked up with a full selection of Bank Top. Got to London in less than 48 hours from ordering it, starting off with Flat Cap.

Didn't realise you could order. I like stronger malt tasting beers rather than the hoppy stuff, do bank top do one of those?

44 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Didn't realise you could order. I like stronger malt tasting beers rather than the hoppy stuff, do bank top do one of those?

I think they’ve had to adapt and get their beer online. Bad to the Bone is more malty and the Mild/Port o’ Call are good if you like darker beers.

• Site Supporter

Still not on the beer. I can’t be arsed drinking in the house at the moment but I’m dying to get to the pub for a pint. I’ve had enough of this lockdown bollocks now, it’s novelty value has worn off

14 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I've cracked. Its too depressing and boring so I'm having a few beers whilst doing an online peep show quiz. 

50 quid jackpot! 

Its with Jeff (or Ray Von if you prefer)

If you don't win I'd be ashamed. 

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Mr Sweeney made a beer in 2019 called Hercules after Steptoe and sons horse

it is epic and just what you are after ,proper old school warming winter beer , unfortunately Dave wouldnt listen to sense and it is bottled in 330ml bottles. That makes it an expensive buy compare to 500ml in supermarkets

when it is on draught around christmas , happy holidays

1 minute ago, crawshawbooth said:

Mr Sweeney made a beer in 2019 called Hercules after Steptoe and sons horse

it is epic and just what you are after ,proper old school warming winter beer , unfortunately Dave wouldnt listen to sense and it is bottled in 330ml bottles. That makes it an expensive buy compare to 500ml in supermarkets

when it is on draught around christmas , happy holidays

Thats the ticket for this time of year. Im not a craft beer fan, they seem to give me a headache after one and I'm not into hoppy beers, rather have a lager.

Although, some of the hoppy ales in Kent are really good I have to admit.

Before lockdown Dave was talking about brewing an ale that had the characteristics of port of call combined with his Hercules brew

I love his Leprechaun stout that he brews for March and paddys day about 6%

food of the gods , wish he would run with it all year

Just now, jmjhb said:

Leprechaun Stout is great, agreed. I'm not too fond of their most recent beers though, certainly compared to their old favourites.

agreed ,lots of it is too airy fairy shite 

and why do i have to drink a barrel of dark mild just to get Port of call on

Was fucking ridiculous when we were last allowed

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

If you like craft American IPAs, just squeeze grapefruit into your Stella. Jobs a good 'un.

See, that was my opinion but its completely wrong

Home Bargains was a bit of a sorry sight last night...

Dry Fannyuary taking its toll on restocking the likely cause.

However (Burnden one at least) they'd reduced their remaining 330ml tins of Red Stripe to 55p.

Morrison's have the quaffable Yellow Tail Jammy Red Roo and Merlot for £6.

They've also got 10x440ml Guinness Draft for £9.

The NHS 10% discount is back on there as well and, unlike most other discounters, booze (spirits excepted) is included.

22 hours ago, TroySwoosh said:

order confirmation email says it'll be dispatched week commencing 8th Feb.....

Cheers.

@Rudy
too...

They can piss off in future.

If everyone who took up the offer is waiting so long (after it said 3-4 working days for delivery) then I guess they've probably alienated more potential new custom than they've gained.

Edited by Youri McAnespie