Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

massively in today  I'm going to be a Dad  had our 12 week scan today

Cheaper than a night out, still A night out I can’t have So, in broad terms, fuck it

He's just a shit world cup

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Still not on the beer. I can’t be arsed drinking in the house at the moment but I’m dying to get to the pub for a pint. I’ve had enough of this lockdown bollocks now, it’s novelty value has worn off

There will be a lot that don’t re-open in town.

Railway gone forever.

Allegedly it’s unsafe and slipping into the Irwell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, captainmed said:

There will be a lot that don’t re-open in town.

Railway gone forever.

Allegedly it’s unsafe and slipping into the Irwell.

Heard that, would also need fully kitting out too if anyone was to take it on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
6 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

For catpisa Peroni fans, Sainsbury's have 12x330ml bottle boxes for £12.

Dunno if that's good or not.

Morrison’s are doing a wide selection of 660ml bottles @ 3 for a fiver.

If you’re NHS or education, take another ten Bob off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Morrison’s are doing a wide selection of 660ml bottles @ 3 for a fiver.

If you’re NHS or education, take another ten Bob off.

I think quite a lot of places do that...

I got a 500ml of Foreign Guinness Extra Stout, a 650ml of Hophouse 13 and a 660ml Staropramen for a fiver at the One Stop Shop on Minerva Road earlier...

Probably got a wider selection at Morrison's though.

😀

Only problem with Morrison's is when I go late on they always have loads of bakery crap going for about 10p and the skinflint in me just can't resist...

Last night I got a load of sausage rolls, a few delightful innovations called 'Breakfast Pasties' - fuck knows what the filling was but they were good, and a carrier bags worth of cheese topped rolls, ciabattas, paninis etc.

I'd not eaten bread for about a year 'til I started to shop there, and not pigged out on baked goods for even longer - bastards.

Edited by Youri McAnespie
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members
2 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I think quite a lot of places do that...

I got a 500ml of Foreign Guinness Extra Stout, a 650ml of Hophouse 13 and a 660ml Staropramen for a fiver at the One Stop Shop on Minerva Road earlier...

Probably got a wider selection at Morrison's though.

😀

Only problem with Morrison's is when I go late on they always have loads of bakery crap going for about 10p and the skinflint in me just can't resist...

Last night I got a load of sausage rolls, a few delightful innovations called 'Breakfast Pasties' - fuck knows what the filling was but they were good, and a carrier bags worth of cheese topped rolls, ciabattas, paninis etc.

I'd not eaten bread for about a year 'til I started to shop there, and not pigged out on baked goods for even longer - bastards.

I went in and there was a Dolce Gusto coffee machine for a tenner. Well, you’ve got to buy it at that price...

Then I spent £22 on coffee pods.

I have a feeling it’s a bit like buying a printer and later finding out that the ink cartridges are more expensive than the printer had been.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sainsbury's tried flogging milk jugs a bit like a Brita Jug, for milk bags to sit in.

They wanted about £3 for a jug and a four pint milk bag was the same price as a four pint bottle.

Human nature dictates unless there's a bit of a cost sweetener (to offset the risk of a burst bag) most folk, bar the most yoghurt-weaverery, will opt for the bottle.

It's a really sly, lazy and cynical way to claim they're 'eco' - when just over the aisle is soft fruit airfreighted from halfway across the world.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I went in and there was a Dolce Gusto coffee machine for a tenner. Well, you’ve got to buy it at that price...

Then I spent £22 on coffee pods.

I have a feeling it’s a bit like buying a printer and later finding out that the ink cartridges are more expensive than the printer had been.

Mick they have proper done you there mate

when you decide to throw it owt give us a bell and i will pick it up

😃

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

Lad came home with a box of cappuccino pods. I made myself one and it was so weak it was like frothy milk. Well, how was I to know there were instructions on the box and, had I followed them, I would’ve realised it was a two-pod drink and I needed to put the coffee one in after the milk. 
 

Thing is, two-pod coffees make it even more expensive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Lad came home with a box of cappuccino pods. I made myself one and it was so weak it was like frothy milk. Well, how was I to know there were instructions on the box and, had I followed them, I would’ve realised it was a two-pod drink and I needed to put the coffee one in after the milk. 
 

Thing is, two-pod coffees make it even more expensive.

🤣😂🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

001407520alt1?$rsp-pdp-port-1440$

£32 - John Lewis.

 

1589425498a25c06be04f6daa5fd64e724b0ef4c

£13.69 - eBay.

S805912-Grunwerg-12-oz-Turkish-Coffee-Po

£4.96 - Hart's of Stur.

Buy the above and if you can be arsed with the faff...

You'll get about 44-50 Cappuccinos or Lattes costing about 20p a cup from...

img.png

£5.80 - Tesco.

And...large-six-pint-plastic-milk-carton-with-

Any supermarket - 2x£1.59

Capsules, pffft.

Capsule Coffee Makers are The Breville Sandwich Makers of the 21st Century.

Getting shoved under the kitchen sink or coming to a car boot sale near you soon!

😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

@MickyD

When I used to wetshave it was often cheaper to buy handle and blades than replacement blades.

I was in Sainsbury's t'other week, 500ml squirty cap handwash 50p, normal 'refill' capped 500ml bottles £1.50. Madness

Aldi have been selling empty refillable spray bottles for their disinfectant surface cleaner for £1.49

The actual spray is £0.89 with a spray bottle that the top can be removed and refilled. 

I literally have no idea what they are thinking. You'd have to have a lobotomy to buy one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

001407520alt1?$rsp-pdp-port-1440$

£32 - John Lewis.

 

1589425498a25c06be04f6daa5fd64e724b0ef4c

£13.69 - eBay.

S805912-Grunwerg-12-oz-Turkish-Coffee-Po

£4.96 - Hart's of Stur.

Buy the above and if you can be arsed with the faff...

You'll get about 44-50 Cappuccinos or Lattes costing about 20p a cup from...

img.png

£5.80 - Tesco.

And...large-six-pint-plastic-milk-carton-with-

Any supermarket - 2x£1.59

Capsules, pffft.

Capsule Coffee Makers are The Breville Sandwich Makers of the 21st Century.

Getting shoved under the kitchen sink or coming to a car boot sale near you soon!

😀

I’m with you

Kenco blue label

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Aldi have been selling empty refillable spray bottles for their disinfectant surface cleaner for £1.49

The actual spray is £0.89 with a spray bottle that the top can be removed and refilled. 

I literally have no idea what they are thinking. You'd have to have a lobotomy to buy one. 

I've noticed a lot of spray shit - the top is snap on and once off won't go back on, so they can't be refilled.

I bet loads of products; food, drink, cleansing, toiletries etc. the container is the biggest cost over the contents.

The way supermarkets do bonkers refill initiatives like the one you mention anyone would think they don't want folk buying refills.

I wonder how much carbon worldwide is generated fabricating spray tops that are used once then binned, I presume even if they go in the recycle they go to landfill/incinerator because they're mixed plastics in one unit.

Fucking madness.

And don't get me started on wonky veg boxes - they cobbled together the mankiest looking veg they could get their paws on then slapped a fiver price tag on it.

Meanwhile over the aisle there's Whoopsie uniform 'perfect' veg for about 5p a bag.

They don't want us to think about what we buy to end up binning because their profits depend on our overconsumption.

So they do 'eco' shit really halfarsed and/or twisted - so there's no take up and they can throw their hands up "Well, We Tried!" - tossers.

And breathe. 😃

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I’m with you

Kenco blue label

 

I find making my morning latte(s) (hello sailor) manually quite therapeutic, my Mokka pot takes about the exact time it takes me to open all the curtains...

Lattes and cappuccinos in the A.M. only btw - that's law in Italy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

Used to enjoy iced frappé in Crete but last time we went I had one that was so strong my heart was beating like a bass drum. Not touched one since.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MickyD said:

I went in and there was a Dolce Gusto coffee machine for a tenner. Well, you’ve got to buy it at that price...

I got a 48" TV for £99 with a broken volume button.

I couldn't turn it down at that price.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been in leyland booze buster

Picked up a couple of cans from Deya and a couple of Pomonas and had a chat with the owner

Hes a top fella

He is after someone to build him a website he can update with new stock as it arrives and said he will get some mini kegs soon

Hes round the corner from one of my customers so its a bit too handy

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/01/2021 at 13:30, Youri McAnespie said:

For catpisa Peroni fans, Sainsbury's have 12x330ml bottle boxes for £12.

Dunno if that's good or not.

Following on from bizarre price setting...

Pallet of the above near the entrance (12×330ml for £12).

A pallet next to them with boxes of same beer 18x330ml - a snip at £23...

I thought Sainsbury's was supposed to attract the more educated punter?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Bigtoe said:

Been in leyland booze buster

Picked up a couple of cans from Deya and a couple of Pomonas and had a chat with the owner

Hes a top fella

He is after someone to build him a website he can update with new stock as it arrives and said he will get some mini kegs soon

Hes round the corner from one of my customers so its a bit too handy

@ZicoKelly

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.