Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nuclear Holocaust Pissheadery

deane koontz

I've not tried it yet. Will have a bash on Friday. It has to be worth 69p at the end of the day and if it's not to my liking, someone else will drink it when we're allowed visitors 😉

For those who like foreign lager-type beers, they had some Dos Equis at silly prices too.

3 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Good stuff, they've got it in other branches, then?

It's a nice drop - I had a single can last night as a treat, reminded me of a draught lager I had in Wigan about three years ago, Blonde Witch? Think it was that anyway.

Not the Moorhouse's ale? Had the misfortune of having that in Barristers a few years ago and it was the worst pint I've ever had

Nah it wasn't from Moorhouse - think it was a brewery local to Wigan...I don't think it was 'witch' now I think of it.

Had a terrible hangover drinking Dos Equis in Mexico, Tecate too and only indulged slightly...Stuck to Bohemia aftee that - both the light and dark versions, that was a good drink, Modelo Negra was alreet too. Back here you can't go wrong with the Adnams NEIPA for 69p though - cheaper than pop almost.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Traf said:

I've not tried it yet. Will have a bash on Friday. It has to be worth 69p at the end of the day and if it's not to my liking, someone else will drink it when we're allowed visitors 😉

For those who like foreign lager-type beers, they had some Dos Equis at silly prices too.

Dos Equis is the best Mexican beer IMO.

1 minute ago, Steejay said:

Dos Equis is the best Mexican beer IMO.

I'd never had it until I went to Mexico a few years back.
Got to our room on first day and the fridge was full of it and thy just kept bringing more, so it would have been rude not to drink them.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Traf said:

I'd never had it until I went to Mexico a few years back.
Got to our room on first day and the fridge was full of it and thy just kept bringing more, so it would have been rude not to drink them.

All inclusive?

• Site Supporter

I’ve got 12 Carlsberg Export and a new bottle of Bulliet.

Its looking like the furlough fandango may be over after next week, so I’ve some fucking drinking to do.

• Moderators

Got 12 Adams neipa and a bag of wood from burnden bargains

Then needed more essentials 

3 brewdog Jack hammer

4 northern monk neipa

4 thornbridge neipa from COR Morrisons

Also, big shout for their efforts 

Good set up. Which was a surprise

• Moderators

decided to go the other way, and rather than not drink (which I've not done since early March anyway), I'm going to drink every day until either I can go to the gym, or my daughter can go to nursery

to celebrate just got a 3.5 pint growler of Verdant from my local bottle shop, plus some weird beard, amundsen and track numbers

58 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

decided to go the other way, and rather than not drink (which I've not done since early March anyway), I'm going to drink every day until either I can go to the gym, or my daughter can go to nursery

to celebrate just got a 3.5 pint growler of Verdant from my local bottle shop, plus some weird beard, amundsen and track numbers

Where is this, nowhere near me I’m sure but useful to know. Is it proper CO2 purged growlers rather than just filling an empty milk bottle from the tap?

Verdant do some great beers. Managed to convince my wife it was a short drive to their brewery bar when we were in St Ives last year. Anyone ever down Falmouth way the bar is great and food superb.

Edited by QFPants

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, fester58 said:

working last night shift tonight then 4 days off, got 30 odd bottles in the fridge ready for tomorrow also tempted to get some more from tinhead

I've cracked the neipa minikeg from tinhead

Its ok

Yes direct from them. Not tried the Northern Monk yet, heavily pregnant wife has banned me From supermarkets so we’re relying on Tesco click and collect and twice when I’ve been to pick up it’s been subbed for something inferior.