Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheaper than a night out, still A night out I can’t have So, in broad terms, fuck it

massively in today  I'm going to be a Dad  had our 12 week scan today

would have been my mums 87th birthday today, first one without her. raising a glass of champagne in her memory. love you mum.  

Posted Images

Had my first day/night off the drink yesterday. Felt strange not to be sat in the sun with a glass of something. And then chilling in the lounge later without a glass of red. 
Aiming to do it again today. 
Reckon we’ve drank 7-10 days non-stop recently.  

Green for garden & food waste. They’ve cancelled these for the foreseeable future but did one last collection last week. Everyone was out trimming their bushes. Even my Mrs!!

The new instruction is to place food waste with our general waste - but I’m too conditioned now to be able to do it. 

Black bin for glass, some plastic, foil, etc. 

Blue is cardboard and paper. 

Grey (our smallest bin of all) is general waste. 

Regarding the tips - pain in the arse. Reckon more so than ever they should be open. Every man and his dog is pottering around and clearing off the guff they’ve stored for many years!

Edited by Smiley

i had to dive into case of amstel as my shindigger brewery delivery was delayed

panoma has been restokced, so i might stick an order in with them today

in regrads to bins, all ours are as normal, (wigan council)

• Site Supporter

I didn't know there was so much regional variance on bin colours

black: standard

Green: garden and food waste

Blue: cardboard

Brown: bottles

Currently, no green collections so that all goes in black, and blue and brown every four weeks

Which is not enough for the amount we're drinking

• Site Supporter

Chorley have changed a fair bit over the years, most recent being your brown bin that was garden waste turned into your cardboard/paper bin and you have to pay £20 a year for a grey bin for garden waste.

So the bottle bin got emptied, I went out to bring it in and my neighbour was already emptying two crates full of empties into his 😂

Our bin of shame got a reset today.

Gonna aim (loosely) to not drink til Thursday nights virtual quiz night. 

Given its two nights that should be doable. 

Anyone else been sensing an increasing feeling of tension in the air in the last week or so?

Some absolute dickhead driving, some moody faces/encounters in the supermarkets, also plenty of knobbers blatantly flouting the social distancing rules.

Not sure how long this lockdown can last without some form of major disorder, i think patience is wearing a bit thin in certain quarters

Drivers going way too fast.

Cyclists on the pavements despite the roads being quieter.

An increasing number of people going round to others houses for a chat (keeping 2m away, of course)

Yep, annoying as fuck

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Our bin of shame got a reset today.

Gonna aim (loosely) to not drink til Thursday nights virtual quiz night. 

Given its two nights that should be doable. 

got a sports on going on tomorrow if you fancy

i might start a seperate thread for it

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

I didn't know there was so much regional variance on bin colours

black: standard

Green: garden and food waste

Blue: cardboard

Brown: bottles

Currently, no green collections so that all goes in black, and blue and brown every four weeks

Which is not enough for the amount we're drinking

Colours exactly the same over here in East Manc 

Used to be green bin emptied every week with the other three on a weekly rotation 

Now it’s grey/black only. No recycling bin collected at all

Seems weird not recycling but at least I don’t have the shame of a bin being emptied of 3 weeks worth of wine and gin bottles 

On the subject of bins it really does me off.

We got a smaller black bin, and less frequent collections. 
Im fine with the once a fortnight collection but I just want my big bastard bin back.

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Anyone else been sensing an increasing feeling of tension in the air in the last week or so?

Some absolute dickhead driving, some moody faces/encounters in the supermarkets, also plenty of knobbers blatantly flouting the social distancing rules.

Not sure how long this lockdown can last without some form of major disorder, i think patience is wearing a bit thin in certain quarters

To be honest, I've not noticed anything untoward. No more so than normal. Arguably, since all this kicked off, folk have been a little less "rushed".

Had a couple of people walking in the road instead of the pavement for some strange reason- no one else around so no need to, but other than that nothing obvious.

5 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5792290

Couple of months back i was in traffic (about 4 cars back from the lights) next thing this cnut all in Lycra starts banging on my roof 

Window goes down and he has an absolute bitch fit saying I was in the cycle lane thought he was going to cry 

years back I would of gone all ronnie Pickering on him but I just laughed and drove off 

2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Couple of months back i was in traffic (about 4 cars back from the lights) next thing this cnut all in Lycra starts banging on my roof 

Window goes down and he has an absolute bitch fit saying I was in the cycle lane thought he was going to cry 

years back I would of gone all ronnie Pickering on him but I just laughed and drove off 

Cycle lanes most be the most untouched tarmac in the world no cunt is ever in one. Can’t stand them. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

He'd no doubt be one of those twats who, once at the front (no problem there) would proceed to go through a red light because nothing is coming.

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He'd no doubt be one of those twats who, once at the front (no problem there) would proceed to go through a red light because nothing is coming.

Camera on his helmet the works 

lights at the old swimming baths in Radcliffe 

oh yeah all the same before the lights change their halfway into the road 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

All types 

you’re not one are you😀

Hello sailor!! Yep

Mountain biker

No Lycra here though

Hate being on the roads