Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nuclear Holocaust Pissheadery

deane koontz

Although not the biggest, I've found the Burnden one most comprehensive and consistent for booze...

The town centre one in the former Serendipity's is the worst - in fact they might not even stock any.

There's ones up Breightmet, Farnworth, Trinity Retail Park (Sainsbury's, Decathalon, Argos) - but Burnden is best for booze.

If one isn't picky and works quickly - I guarantee even the most ardent would-be Ollie Reed can get ratlegged for £12 or less at Homey B's (for example 12x500ml Henry Westons Vintage 7.3% and 12p change for a bag of Cheese and Onion) - best and most relevant sponsor since Reebok.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

5 hours ago, crawshawbooth said:

that Henry Westons looks a good shout 

half of that with a decent stout 

happy daze

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS03l30NAe6JuRfdufsYdT

Apparently you can achieve the above effect by putting a flat stem spoon just touching the half cider then slowly pouring the stout down it - it should float done right.

4x440 Guinness Draft £3.99 at H.B.

15x440 Guinness Draft £15 at Asda. This works out at 87p a can, I'm sure a 330ml can of Coke is 69p - this is the pick of the bargains imo - even though  prefer original.

12x Guinness Original £10.50 at Asda.

Mirror the 7.3% of the Westons with some 7.3% Guinness Foreign Extra Stout 600ml Bottle £3.35 at Morrisons.

Same stuff as above available as 4x325ml Bottles for £6 at Morrisons - ideal for a pint split and a crafty swig.

Siren Broken Dream 'Breakfast' Stout 6.5% 4x330ml Cans - £6. Morrisons again.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Although not the biggest, I've found the Burnden one most comprehensive and consistent for booze...

The town centre one in the former Serendipity's is the worst - in fact they might not even stock any.

There's ones up Breightmet, Farnworth, Trinity Retail Park (Sainsbury's, Decathalon, Argos) - but Burnden is best for booze.

If one isn't picky and works quickly - I guarantee even the most ardent would-be Ollie Reed can get ratlegged for £12 or less at Homey B's (for example 12x500ml Henry Westons Vintage 7.3% and 12p change for a bag of Cheese and Onion) - best and most relevant sponsor since Reebok.

12 westons?

I might manage 6

Its not like 6 crafty waftys

Its lethal

• Members
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Just made my debut in Home Bargains

Its fucking ace.

Logs £3 a bag, decent wood too.

Everything is proper cheap.

Im onboard train @Youri McAnespieto Pisscan Central.

Brilliant.

I went in the other week at Middlebrook just to have look, left £50 lighter. I can see our Maude getting giddy in there 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

I went in the other week at Middlebrook just to have look, left £50 lighter. I can see our Maude getting giddy in there 

Thing is, I went in to buy some gaffer tape

Came our with beer, logs, deodorant and a few bits of stuff for the kids.

Forgot the gaffer tape

Edited by Spider

47 minutes ago, Spider said:

Just made my debut in Home Bargains

Its fucking ace.

Logs £3 a bag, decent wood too.

Everything is proper cheap.

Im onboard train @Youri McAnespieto Pisscan Central.

Brilliant.

I’m in there every week without fail. Have shopped in there for certain things for probably 10/15 years but it’s certainly got better as time Has gone on. 

What's took you lot so long? I swallowed my snobbery long ago and have been reaping the benefits ever since they opened at Burnden. I reckon' I've probably saved about £70 on toothpaste alone in that time.

The one minor gripe - don't get used to buying a particular product - they often stop stocking it.

I got spoiled with Encona Hot Sauce for £1 a bottle, no longer stock it, I have to make do with 69p Windward Sauce now - which is hotter than the sun. I still do in a bottle in about 8-9 days like, I no longer possess tastebuds.

Oh aye, they also love shifting useful stuff off the shopfloor to make room for Easter, Mother's/Father's Day, Halloween, Christmas etc. crap and tat. They also stock some shit that's cheap for a reason - anything for the bike made by Francis Stuart Cycles will invariably break when you drop it into your bag at the checkout.

Other than that it's good to support our supporter.

10 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

It's time for Youri's cheapskate corner again -

Cheaper than Barr Bubblgum Pop, tastes like piss and bears no relation to real beer, but cheaper than 'Boost' Energy Drink.

AG Barr (not the guy that runs some court in america) bottle ROCKSTAR energy pop and they do a SuperSour Bubblegum one .. mixing it with vodka/gin/curacao/chambord or whatever , like being pissed up and wired at the same time with a vaguely hubba bubba taste in the mouth

dont think i slept for three days

7/10

They don't call Bucky 'wreck the hoose Joose' for nowt - it's laden with caffeine.

Ditto Vodka Red Bulls.

Some of my most shameful exploits in Spain down the years - from Bilbao to La Gomera have been down to Kalimoxto, shit carton red wine mixed with full sugar Coke...

Drunk by tramps and socialite offspring of millionaires alike - the better the wine the shitter the Kali, it's a social equalizer. 

Caffeine dulls the alcohol in these drinks (amongst the Taurine and other crap) so, like when supping with Mr. Chan - you drink more.

Similar to this brew of yours.

Problem is stimulants wear off quicker than depressants like booze.

And chaos usually ensues.

😝

16 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

They don't call Bucky 'wreck the hoose Joose' for nowt - it's laden with caffeine.

Ditto Vodka Red Bulls.

Some of my most shameful exploits in Spain down the years - from Bilbao to La Gomera have been down to Kalimoxto, shit carton red wine mixed with full sugar Coke...

Drunk by tramps and socialite offspring of millionaires alike - the better the wine the shitter the Kali, it's a social equalizer. 

Caffeine dulls the alcohol in these drinks (amongst the Taurine and other crap) so, like when supping with Mr. Chan - you drink more.

Similar to this brew of yours.

Problem is stimulants wear off quicker than depressants like booze.

And chaos usually ensues.

😝

Bucky is the devils drink. As you point out youri it’s full of caffeine summat like the equivalent of ten cans of coke in one bottle. The chosen drink of not rights all across Scotland. 

Couple of mates at Uni used to talk of "triangulation" when buying drinks. Each point of the triangle being price, alcohol content and volume when assessing value for money getting pissed. Something called Scotsmac I remember was good, no idea if they still sell it. 

Taste was never considered. Not far off going the local petrol station for a couple of litres of 4-star to neck.