Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stadium tour's

Underpants

Just now, Traf said:

I'd have stayed all day.

We had an hour or two there but I think the feeling of it not being "right" got the better of us so we exited (through the gift shop). It's a slag of a trip out on the train from the centre though. Strange afternoon!

Customer offered me a tour of Old Trafford followed by a European game. Told him I only went to that shithole if Bolton were playing there.

Like others did Real Madrid after the Athletico game.

22 hours ago, desperado said:

That will have been my dad! 80 in July, loves doing his tours. If/when you book one allow a bit of time, he never keeps it to an hour 😂 He’s missing it big style during lockdown 😞 

Fantastic! Please tell him from me that he was a brilliant host, really informative and friendly.

• Site Supporter

Done quite a few toured the Bernabeu twice the second time was with the lads after we played Athletico, we walked there from our hotel up one of those big wide avenues as we strolled along we saw the Wanderers team coach with the players beginning to board a few fans were milling around some kids getting signatures and photos. The players were brilliant we had great crack with Kevin Nolan and Ivan Campo spent ages advising us where to visit in Madrid, then fucking Isaac Hunt bounced out of the door with a pair of those big ear phones clamped on his canister and never acknowledged anyone what a prick .

• Members
14 hours ago, Traf said:

I did the roof climb/walk at Munich's Olympic Stadium.

I went up the tower that overlooks it, it has a revolving restaurant, me and the Mrs has a meal there, didn’t occur to me that nothing on the menu had a price and half way through I had this sinking feeling, ended up being surprisingly cheap.

1 hour ago, Good Knee said:

Done quite a few toured the Bernabeu twice the second time was with the lads after we played Athletico, we walked there from our hotel up one of those big wide avenues as we strolled along we saw the Wanderers team coach with the players beginning to board a few fans were milling around some kids getting signatures and photos. The players were brilliant we had great crack with Kevin Nolan and Ivan Campo spent ages advising us where to visit in Madrid, then fucking Isaac Hunt bounced out of the door with a pair of those big ear phones clamped on his canister and never acknowledged anyone what a prick .

Was our own Isaac Hunt on the team coach.... well I never. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

I did FK Rabotnicki when we played them in the Uefa Cup

It was a very unoffical tour, as the stadium was unlocked.  We just walked in, walked round the pitch, went in the dressing room, ive got a picture on the treatment table somwhere under the tactics board :D

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Was our own Isaac Hunt on the team coach.... well I never. 

He was indeed mate I couldn't believe his fucking attitude the players who seemed most generous with their time were the ones who probably would have got away with it but that arse wipe......

3 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

He was indeed mate I couldn't believe his fucking attitude the players who seemed most generous with their time were the ones who probably would have got away with it but that arse wipe......

Whoosh 

On 12/04/2020 at 22:27, Mr Grey said:

Did Barcelona in 1987 while over on Holiday at nearby Calella, was proper shit.

They wanted to charge me a tenner to have my picture taken next to a cardboard cut out of Ronaldinho at the Nou Camp. Robbing Catalonian cunts! 

• Site Supporter

During our Real Madrid tour we took a rather large flag with a club badge in red in the centre and blue white blue with BOLTON WANDERERS on it. Must have been around 20' x 10'.

We unfurled it and a couple of Bolton fans asked if they could have it as their backgrounds for photos. If course, we acquiesced. (Love that word)

Meanwhile, a security guy was sent to stop us using a Bolton flag inside the stadium...

Just before we got our own photos. 

On the night of the game at Atletico,  we tied the flag to the chairs along with all the others but it disappeared in the melee with those cunts of coppers never to be seen again. 

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Do the foreign tour guides do them in their tongue, English or both?

I don't remember their being a guide at Nou Camp, maybe headphones, but you do it at your own pace