Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Favourite and least favourite countries you have visited

bolton_blondie

• Members
27 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Favourite - Cambodia

Least favourite - Morocco

I enjoyed Morocco but what was really bizarre is we could step out this beautiful brand new luxury hotel and turn right and there was kids in the street no shoes on their feet kicking a can around.

Same with the palace, it’s surrounded by slums with this huge picturesque building shadowing them. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Macedonia for our UEFA cup was worst trip I did by miles, kids 5 & 6 walking round no shoes on and sniffing bags of glue, Love Spain but I’d like to go back too Corfu. 

Were those the bags that you threw out of the coach window 😁

Edited by Spider

• Members
13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Favourite probably Germany. Love the ale, love the people.

Worst deffo Poland. They don’t want us there, they only want our money. 

And Polish women like British men. Recipe for disaster when a stag doo is in Krakow

Another favourite for Germany in the multiple places I’ve been in the country.

Genuinely never disliked, let alone hated anywhere abroad I’ve been so I’ll go for Morocco as I remember @Sweepdisliking it so much. 

Fwiw I thought Turkey and Bulgaria (Sofia) were ace when I went. Seen a few who didn’t like reading through.

• Members
5 minutes ago, royal white said:

Favourite....Thailand/Langkawi (Malaysia)/America 

Worst.... Pakistan/Yemen/Egypt 

Which was the worst out of them. I do hope it’s Egypt and I know I won’t be exaggerating how much I disliked it 

7 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Which was the worst out of them. I do hope it’s Egypt and I know I won’t be exaggerating how much I disliked it 

I would probably go with Egypt to be honest. I hate the place, I never went to the Holiday resorts (Which I hear are good) I was mainly in Cairo and Suez. Shit hole 

• Members
1 minute ago, royal white said:

I would probably go with Egypt to be honest. I hate the place, I never went to the Holiday resorts (Which I hear are good) I was mainly in Cairo and Suez. Shit hole 

To be fair I’ve been to Taba which Is on the other side to sharm, towards the coast ofJordan that was immense, mainly because it was over New Years and no cunt was in this 500+ hotel.

I was going to go to Cairo then I saw Karl Pilkingtons idiot abroad and I said fuck that.

25 minutes ago, royal white said:

I can't comment on either of those places - but we stayed in Luxor and it was fantastic. 

Hotel on the banks of the River Nile - with the Valley of the Kings on the far bank (actually might have been Queens). Really cool people and lovely food. Some bonkers restaurants as well!

• Site Supporter

Favourite USA. Been to NYC, Las Vegas, Indianapolis, St Joseph Missouri,  Boston, Philadelphia.  All great places. Obviously they'll all have the shit areas which wer avoided  Toronto was ok but the town of Niagra was a shit-hole.

Least favourite - Turkey.  Gumuşluk in particular.  Went all inclusive but it was the only place I've been AI and not been asked to wear a band.  Found out why at night; every Turk within a mile of the hotel called in getting pissed on "free" drinks. I found out last that this was their 'perk' for not complaining about the loud outside entertainment. 

So much for Muslims not drinking. 

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Escobarp said:

India for me had the best food and most interesting/spectacular historic  places to visit. But it absolutely stank to high heaven and they just try and rinse you for every penny if you’re white skinned and it just got right on my tits. To the point I begrudged paying for stuff cos. By the end it was the only country I couldn’t wait to get out of. 

Palolem Beach, Goa, was amazing

Goa Airport was hell on earth

we did a 120km taxi ride from Mangalore to a mountain town and I'd rather have the corona virus than go through that 6 hour journey again

cracking curries though

Guest Nordkurve

Favourite Country is Canada, although I love certain parts of the US like Chicago and Vegas. Worst would be Kazakhstan. I was only there for an hour, but froze my nuts off fixing a Thrust Reverser fault during a fuel stop on the way to Shanghai. I see a lot of people slating Bulgaria. Most probably went when we played Plovdiv. I went there with my parents back in about 1976. It was still controlled by the Russians then and apart from the fact it was very basic and you paid for your meals at every restaurant with vouchers it was pretty decent.

Went to Hurghada some years ago. We stayed in a Steigenberger hotel. 5* and stunning. Outside the hotel though it was a shit tip. We only went out once. Pestered to fuck every five seconds by people trying to sell all sorts of crap. I would have put that as the worst experience for sure, but have also been to Hurghada a few times to fix Aircraft and the locals at the Airport couldn’t have been more helpful.