Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Travel plans 2020

Burndens Bogs

2 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

We have flights to Austria booked for end of June (England game) if we are allowed to fly we'll go to Bratislava for a few days - if they are allowing tourists

We got a cancellation notice from our hotel in Bratislava, they are shut til September, I'd imagine it will be the same with the rest of accomodation in Slovakia

7 hours ago, jeep said:

easyJet are talking about using just the window & aisle seats once they're up and running. 

So that's 2/3rds capacity. I'm sure I read that average capacity is 80%. So not a lot of difference. 

I'm sure this is just fantasy on easyjet's part.  Window & aisle seats only might be ok but it would have to be every other row on one side of the plane, and only the middle seat on the other side to keep a 1.5m-2m distance.

That'd be less than 1/3 capacity 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Surely social distancing on a plane is irrelevant when you'll all be breathing the same recycled air? Or are the filters on those things good enough to trap a virus? I'd doubt it

Filtered air on planes is the best air you can breathe

I think Nordcurv mentioned it recently?

8 hours ago, Sweep said:

According to LoveHolidays, my holiday to Mexico at the end of May is still live though, so I've got to pay up the balance of nearly £4000 next week.....even though BA have cancelled the flights, and the hotel it's self has confirmed they are closed until 1st June at the earliest. 

Love Holidays?
Love Fucking Holidays?

You're dead to me, you cunt.

7 hours ago, Spider said:

Traf may be best placed for the bigger picture though.

Suck your finger and stick it in the air. The direction of the breeze will be as useful as anybody's opinion.

Especially Simon Fucking Calder's.

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Surely social distancing on a plane is irrelevant when you'll all be breathing the same recycled air? Or are the filters on those things good enough to trap a virus? I'd doubt it

I’ll take my chances with them rather than what I might catch from the bogs on one of your coaches. 😁

48 minutes ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

It's HEPA filtered so you can't really get much cleaner than that. 

It's touching the planes various surfaces I'd be worried about.