Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Forgotten Wanderers

L/H White

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Mike Ring, he looked like a footballer but fucking hell he was gash. I will bet no one remembers hm.  

googled him and he scored hatrick for Aldershot. I’m hoping he wasn’t in that team that relegated us to div 4. 😂

Jemson era?

I think mike ring and a bloke called neil matthews signed on the same day

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Mike Ring, he looked like a footballer but fucking hell he was gash. I will bet no one remembers hm.  

googled him and he scored hatrick for Aldershot. I’m hoping he wasn’t in that team that relegated us to div 4. 😂

He definitely played against us in the play off deciders. I was told, years later that it was him who scored in the 1-0 defeat in the 1st leg.  I've no idea if that's correct though.

45 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Tony Evans ex Birmingham striker who we had on loan at the end of his career.Think he played at Preston in 85 when the train got smashed up

He had a goal disallowed too.  Our ex keeper John Platt was in goal for them.

A group of us had smuggled some large bottles of cider in that day (we were 17 and the offy didnt ask too many questions).  We necked em before kick off and I remember that disallowed goal because one of the quieter lads in our group shocked us all by launching one of the bottles in protest.  It smashed on either the goal post or the fence at the front and set the scene for what was a pretty wild day.

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

That was Júlio César, wasn’t it? He was Brazilian rather than Spanish, although he fleetingly played alongside Campo for Real Madrid when they won the Champions League. He was indeed one of the investigated signings as Allardyce Jnr was his agent. 

Was referring to this mon:-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/César_Martín

Julio Cesar was a strange one. Seem to recall him having a solid debut, then getting sent off a couple of games later and barely played again. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

He had a goal disallowed too.  Our ex keeper John Platt was in goal for them.

A group of us had smuggled some large bottles of cider in that day (we were 17 and the offy didnt ask too many questions).  We necked em before kick off and I remember that disallowed goal because one of the quieter lads in our group shocked us all by launching one of the bottles in protest.  It smashed on either the goal post or the fence at the front and set the scene for what was a pretty wild day.

One of our lot launched a vodka bottle, small one, on to the deepdale pitch 

Poss not that game

It wasn't clever

Oh no

7 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

Sean Davis, 3 years....3 games...

Start of our bad luck that was, he cost us a  fortune, add that to Muamba, Holden, Mark Davies, Chungs long term injury and Elmander seeing his contract out, not to mention the resale value lost on that lot could have been 20-40 million with a bit of luck,  it’s no wonder we lost a fortune over that period. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper