Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

St George’s Day

globaldiver

Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel...

Two freaks (from different households) both dressed in plastic chainmail crusader garb were attempting to string St George bunting across the road earlier. How offensive that must be to the non-English residents. I reported them to the Lockdown Breakers hotline.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I hadn't realised it was today.  It explains all the St George's flags hanging out of several windows in Miles Platting this morning.

they do that all year round there

• Members
1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Beach Towels & Trifles!

Been so busy we fuckin' forgot today. Bastard! We only realised we'd fucked up at lunchtime.

Usually half the factory wearing England shirts from one football code or another (or cricket shirt).

Steak pies and mushy peas tomorrow lunch to make up for it.

There'll always be an England. Youri can stick his cretinous quote up his treacherous jacksie............

Always love it as its my birthday too.

I'm finding a larger than usual amount of people falling into lh whites view. Usually people who go mad celebrating St Patrick's day. 

It's not a crime to be proud of the country of your birth. 

Crack on and celebrate St paddies too if you want. They are yet another excuse to have a booze up! 

• Site Supporter

Grandma's birthday, always seems to be more important to me than St Georges day..In Bolton atm after having a mild stroke, last Friday. 

Anyway, seems things like St Georges day have paled into nothingness in the grand scheme of things. 

2 hours ago, stevieb said:

Always love it as its my birthday too.

I'm finding a larger than usual amount of people falling into lh whites view. Usually people who go mad celebrating St Patrick's day. 

It's not a crime to be proud of the country of your birth. 

Crack on and celebrate St paddies too if you want. They are yet another excuse to have a booze up! 

🥳 

Happy Birthday!

58 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

🥳

Happy Birthday!

Cheers pal. Fantastic day had by me. Spent with the kids in the garden lad in full England kit, bbq, a few beers and the sun was shining. 

Back to the wage cage (now the desk in our bedroom) tomorrow. 

• Members
23 hours ago, Sweep said:

Blimey, of all people I'd have you as the last to forget what April 23rd is

TMGJ said it for me. We have iron ore miners panic buying industrial gearboxes down here. Doing my fucking head in. Don't know where I am never mind what day it is.

We made up for it today though. Geordie brought in pease pudding, Luton lad a Bedfordshire clanger and the Leeds lad a Pontefract cake. Yes, you read it correctly. A Pontefract cake.

Edited by bolty58

• Site Supporter
Just now, bolty58 said:

TMGJ said it for me. We have iron ore miners panic buying industrial gearboxes down here. Doing my fucking head in. Don't know where I am never mind what day it is.

We made up for it today though. Geordie brought in pease pudding, Luton lad a Bedfordshaire clanger and the Leeds lad a Pontefract cake. Yes, you read it correctly. A Pontefract cake.

Yorkshire man you say... :)