Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dogs. (Not another Miami/Little Whitt dating thread)

Rudy

• Members

I’ve gone a bit mad, basically I’m doing our Maudes head in, I’m always at home now under her feet, I briefly said I’m gonna but some chicks and a coop and raise chickens for their eggs, she brush me off with a “yeah ok sure you will”

5am this morning I was up feeding the fuckers because I could hear them chirping. 
I want a couple of Pygmy Goats but considering how quickly I went and got some chicks, she’s put the brakes on that. 

Shes agreed to let us get another dog, so all day I’ve been looking at what I want, and I can’t make my mind up, love walking in the morning and evening no matter the weather, got plenty of land at the back of the house for them to go outside.

Already have a Beagle who has his mad moments but is really obedient, loyal and protective of the sprog. 
So looking for a dog who likes exercise and is good with kids. 

Wife wants one of the following, Boxer, Bulldog, French Bulldog.

She can fuck off. 
Recommendations? Dos and Don'ts?

4 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

I’ve gone a bit mad, basically I’m doing our Maudes head in, I’m always at home now under her feet, I briefly said I’m gonna but some chicks and a coop and raise chickens for their eggs, she brush me off with a “yeah ok sure you will”

5am this morning I was up feeding the fuckers because I could hear them chirping. 
I want a couple of Pygmy Goats but considering how quickly I went and got some chicks, she’s put the brakes on that. 

Shes agreed to let us get another dog, so all day I’ve been looking at what I want, and I can’t make my mind up, love walking in the morning and evening no matter the weather, got plenty of land at the back of the house for them to go outside.

Already have a Beagle who has his mad moments but is really obedient, loyal and protective of the sprog. 
So looking for a dog who likes exercise and is good with kids. 

Wife wants one of the following, Boxer, Bulldog, French Bulldog.

She can fuck off. 
Recommendations? Dos and Don'ts?

Staffie

my mate has one and it’s the most mild mannered dog I’ve ever come across. The staffie not my mate she’s quite fit. (38 d i think )

dog loves exercise as well you could take her out 5 times a day in hikes and would happily go exploring. Hence why I want one. Just can’t find any that aren’t going for stupid money and relatively local 

• Site Supporter

Hungarian Vizsla brilliant dog got a first cross with a golden labrador, you can walk her for miles and she'll keep going for ever, fiercely loyal.Only downside is they hate being left anything longer than a couple of hours and they stress out.

• Members
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Staffie

my mate has one and it’s the most mild mannered dog I’ve ever come across. The staffie not my mate she’s quite fit. (38 d i think )

dog loves exercise as well you could take her out 5 times a day in hikes and would happily go exploring. Hence why I want one. Just can’t find any that aren’t going for stupid money and relatively local 

Staffies are great I had one as a kid, they seem to have a bit of a bad rep but ours was soft as shite

Staffies are great family dogs and shelters are full of them so please go there rather than get a puppy.

Good shout on Vizlas and Boxers fit the bill too.  Similar coat and temperament to those two are Pointers.  I have an English one but the German ones are easier to come by.  Loyal, short coats, love exercise and daft as a brush.

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Staffie

Check your local shelter mate, will be full of them needing a home.

5 minutes ago, Sweep said:

We've got a cockapoo, he's ace, and really good with kids.........apparently we're getting another one shortly

Same here, wasnt my choice of breed but have been happily proved wrong. I also have been informed that we are getting another.............

• Site Supporter

Talking of dogs, mine suddenly stopped being able to move his back legs on Monday night. Took him to vets Tuesday and it is not looking good for the poor little bugger. He is a miniature dachshund and looks like he has fucked his back up bouncing around the place, he is only 5. Checked insurance and whilst he is covered for life it only pays out £1000 a year per condition. MRI scan is nearly £2k and surgery £6k. We don't have that kind of cash. I have seriously fucked up there.

Vet is enquiring with animal hospitals to see if they can help out with cheaper surgery and scans.

Shit, sorry for crashing your thread Rudy

Edited by Winchester White
Apologies

• Site Supporter

Wife’s a vet.

If you want to keep her in business, get a french bulldog. She reckons they make more money fixing those insanely inbred fuck ups than any other animal.

These cross breeds are ok, but difficult to train. Labrapaniels etc...

Save yourself hassle and get a border collie if it’s exercise you’re after. Easy to train, very obedient, good looking and never tire.

These other little fucking fashion accessories are shit.

(Spider - former border collie owner, now owner of a Poochon. Whatever the fuck that is. Looks like something Bob Carolgees should have his fist up)

Edited by Spider

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Talking of dogs, mine suddenly stopped being able to move his back legs on Monday night. Took him to vets Tuesday and it is not looking good for the poor little bugger. He is a miniature dachshund and looks like he has fucked his back up bouncing around the place, he is only 5. Checked insurance and whilst he is covered for life it only pays out £1000 a year per condition. MRI scan is nearly £2k and surgery £6k. We don't have that kind of cash. I have seriously fucked up there.

Vet is enquiring with animal hospitals to see if they can help out with cheaper surgery and scans.

Shit, sorry for crashing your thread Rudy

I’ll speak to my missus, see what she says.

18 minutes ago, Spider said:

Wife’s a vet.

If you want to keep her in business, get a french bulldog. She reckons they make more money fixing those insanely inbred fuck ups than any other animal.

These cross breeds are ok, but difficult to train. Labrapaniels etc...

Save yourself hassle and get a border collie if it’s exercise you’re after. Easy to train, very obedient, good looking and never tire.

These other little fucking fashion accessories are shit.

(Spider - former border collie owner, now owner of a Poochon. Whatever the fuck that is. Looks like something Bob Carolgees should have his fist up)

my mates got 2 french bulldogs, both cracking little dogs tbf 

their grandfater is out to stud for stupid amounts of money

33 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Check your local shelter mate, will be full of them needing a home.

Does anyone give away a decent young adult dog though? A  lot are in shelters because folk can’t cope with them due to behavioural problems.Whatever you get, i’d advise getting one from a pup, yeh the first 6-9 months are tough,but worth it in the end. Another shout for Border Collies here, great dogs - energy to burn and very intelligent.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, royal white said:

Another to add, Irish Terriers. My parents have had them for years, brilliant with kids and will walk all day 

Aye

terriers are tough as fuck, low maintenance and generally easy to train etc...

Anyone paying over a thousand pounds for a dog is a bit of möng.

• Members

Wife is absolutely adamant we can’t get a dog From a shelter she’d never forgive herself if it went for the little un at least with a pup we can train him from the off.

Cockerpoo, Collie is what I’m leaning towards 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Wife is absolutely adamant we can’t get a dog From a shelter she’d never forgive herself if it went for the little un at least with a pup we can train him from the off.

Cockerpoo, Collie is what I’m leaning towards 

wouldn't go near a rescue with a little one

dog walker near us, he had a rescue collie and it was vicious, he's got it under control now but for a good while everyone fucking hated that dog

All the dogs in the family are rescue and all of em have been brilliant with the little un.

Had to have ours put down the other week and we can't wait to be able to go to the dog home and pick out a new one.

The dogs home will be able to tell you which dogs will be good with kids. Female dogs will be your best bet if you're worried about mini Rudy