Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dogs. (Not another Miami/Little Whitt dating thread)

Rudy

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

Cheers mate. He had a CT scan at that place in Bolton behind the old college this aft and they are operating tomorrow. £2600 is considerably cheaper than the £7k+ some places charge.

I just hope he can get back some quality of life.

With decent care, the fact he’s young and clearly loving owners, my missus says he’s every chance.

All the best mate. He’s worth a bit of overtime 👍👍

• Site Supporter
Just now, Spider said:

With decent care, the fact he’s young and clearly loving owners, my missus says he’s every chance.

All the best mate. He’s worth a bit of overtime 👍👍

He is even if he is a bad tempered little gobshite.  I can't praise the vet in Bolton enough, I turned up and the receptionist knew nothing about me. Turns out the vet agreed to come in on his day off to see my dog and give him the scan. Top bloke.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

He is even if he is a bad tempered little gobshite.  I can't praise the vet in Bolton enough, I turned up and the receptionist knew nothing about me. Turns out the vet agreed to come in on his day off to see my dog and give him the scan. Top bloke.

Aye

Vets get some right shit at times because people view the pricing as a rip off.

It really isn’t.

• Members
8 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Cheers mate. He had a CT scan at that place in Bolton behind the old college this aft and they are operating tomorrow. £2600 is considerably cheaper than the £7k+ some places charge.

Best of luck with it mate. Some folk don't get it mate but the attachment is like that you have with your kids (better in some cases!).

• Site Supporter
20 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Excellent.

Heard good stories about that place.

I've been brought up with dogs all of my life, we've had mainly large dogs, we've had 3 German Shepherds and 2 Doberman bitches, the most amazing dog breeds for a family, not everyone likes a big dog though and we currently have a male Miniature Schnauzer, he's so intelligent and what a character too, he doesn't shed and he only costs just over £30.00 every couple of months at the dog groomers, they are healthy little dogs and love exercise but an hour a day is sufficient for them.

Do stay well clear of French Bulldogs and British Bulldogs etc, you're asking for trouble with regards to health issues and insurance could be costly too.

14 hours ago, Farnywhite said:

Best dogs are mixed breeds the old mongrels for pets there healthier than in breads  and a lot cheaper all this bollocks about paying 2 and 3 grand it’s a dog at the end of the day 

I remember my parents picking up a stray terrier dog in Tyldesley back in 1978, he was awesome, never had to take him to the vets until he died aged 16.

26 minutes ago, glennboltw said:

What are the thoughts of the yearly injections dogs should have? Is it just a myth or a money making scheme for vets? My border collie is 13 now and probably not had any injections for at least 10 years and has had no health issues (touch wood). 

Think you've answered your own question there, it's bollocks! My in laws never took their dogs for a annual injection and their dogs never lived a shorter life span.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

They also grow out of being pleased to see you. 

Boom

Ours goes berserk whenever one of the family comes home

Finds something to bring to the door to give you

Dogs are a handful but they give much more than they take

5 hours ago, glennboltw said:

What are the thoughts of the yearly injections dogs should have? Is it just a myth or a money making scheme for vets? My border collie is 13 now and probably not had any injections for at least 10 years and has had no health issues (touch wood). 

Vets4Pets : £99 for lifetime injections. No money making scheme there.

They are, of course, based inside Pets at Home, in the hope you'll spend in store.