Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dogs. (Not another Miami/Little Whitt dating thread)

Rudy

On 25/04/2020 at 01:17, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

We use one in Leigh, only drawback is you are sat for ages after your appointment time because he takes so much care of his patients 😊

Which vets is that then? We changed vets a while back, but not been too impressed with our current vets.

5 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Right we seem to be heading to a Border Collie. The women we got The Beagle off has them due any day now 

Great dogs, we currently have one thats 13 and still like a pup and we lost our other 2 years ago aged 14.... We're looking at another dog now and are considering another border collie. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Right we seem to be heading to a Border Collie. The women we got The Beagle off has them due any day now 

Please make sure they stay with their mother for an adequate amount of time. Don't be tempted to have them too early.

Will benefit them and you in the long run.

• Members
46 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Please make sure they stay with their mother for an adequate amount of time. Don't be tempted to have them too early.

Will benefit them and you in the long run.

Oh no definitely not, Think our Beagle was 8 weeks but he was underweight so he stayed for an extra 2 weeks 

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Oh no definitely not, Think our Beagle was 8 weeks but he was underweight so he stayed for an extra 2 weeks 

Our cockerpoo was 12 weeks, the owner didnt advertise them till 10. Said it made a world of difference. 

Can anyone help a neighbour;

Help needed. is there anyone out there that could treat my dogs anal glads. He has been struggling for a few weeks. Obviously the vets is closed and are unable to help. We have tried ourselves ( courtesy of U Tube) but had no impact. He is feeling miserable and constantly chewing at himself. I’m not very hopeful anyone can or be able to help, but thought I would mention it just in case. We are both low fairly low risk, my husband hasn’t been out except for a short evening dog walk, and I shop once occasionally twice a week and walk the dog early morning.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Help needed. is there anyone out there that could treat my dogs anal glads. He has been struggling for a few weeks. Obviously the vets is closed and are unable to help. We have tried ourselves ( courtesy of U Tube) but had no impact. He is feeling miserable and constantly chewing at himself. I’m not very hopeful anyone can or be able to help, but thought I would mention it just in case. We are both low fairly low risk, my husband hasn’t been out except for a short evening dog walk, and I shop once occasionally twice a week and walk the dog early morning.

Pm spider

Hes best qualified to help

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Rang my vets yesterday to order worming tablets. Sorted no problem; I'm surprised the person says their vet is shut.

Must be available for emergency treatment at least.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Rang my vets yesterday to order worming tablets. Sorted no problem; I'm surprised the person says their vet is shut.

Must be available for emergency treatment at least.

Give me the name of your vet.

Well, your dogs' vet!

• Members
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Ah, makes it a bit less painful. At least it has some food growing...

I’m more concerned at the sprog killing the chickens if I’m honest 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Yep done and dusted and £1200 lighter. Border Collie in about 10 weeks. 

Don't be a dickhead like me and fuck up your insurance cover. Go for lifetime cover but make sure it isn't limited to £1k a year like mine is. I am now nearly £2k lighter after the pooch had surgery. 

• Members
1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

Don't be a dickhead like me and fuck up your insurance cover. Go for lifetime cover but make sure it isn't limited to £1k a year like mine is. I am now nearly £2k lighter after the pooch had surgery. 

I don’t fuck about with Insurance of any kind. Especially with the dog