Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Caravan Parks?

Blondi

Hello Campers,

So it looks like we could well be holidaying in this country this year, I quite fancy a week away in North Wales or Cumbria if we're given the go ahead. I fancy a static caravan, close to the beach and is pet friendly, any recommendations of a nice caravan park would be much appreciated, no riff raff please!

Completely not what you've asked for but me and the family stayed at Herding Hill Farm glamping pods with a jacuzzi for a couple of nights last year in Northumberland. 

It was ace. Gonna look to do similar again this year I reckon (given the chance). 

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Hello Campers,

So it looks like we could well be holidaying in this country this year, I quite fancy a week away in North Wales or Cumbria if we're given the go ahead. I fancy a static caravan, close to the beach and is pet friendly, any recommendations of a nice caravan park would be much appreciated, no riff raff please!

Dunno why im doing this as ive already recommended this place and havent booked yet

Ill pm you

Its better than a caravan

• Members
23 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Haven Lakeland is excellent also dog friendly, deffo need a car as its well out of the way.

We should have been there this week for the sprogs birthday. Will be looking to rebook soon

Used to love Haven parks when I was a kid, probably main because we were just left to our own devices so by half 4 Saturday afternoon had got a decent group to play football with all week. Took my lad to Hafan y Mor about 8 years ago and it really needed a spruce up. Is the Lakeland one a bit less pikey?

*Will add we went to a Parkdean near Poole 5 years ago and that was spot on. Great location to be able to easily drive to Poole, Bournemouth and Weymouth. 

Again, slightly off request but we are going to one in France at the end of August (hopefully)

Its a short drive from Roscoff which is served by the Plymouth to Roscoff Brittany Ferry 

Camp looks brilliant, hope we can still go....

https://www.yellohvillage.co.uk/camping/les_mouettes

Cost about £1,200 for return ferry (with cabin) and 7 nights in premium cottage 

On 23/04/2020 at 19:41, Blondi said:

Hello Campers,

You got kids that need entertaining mate? 

Theres a couple over this way that are pleasant enough and close to the beach. 

(Not Blackpool before any cunt eye starts)

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Been here a few times https://tyddynisaf.co.uk in Anglesey - it’s really nice, although I’m not 100% they do statics for short term. We spent over a grand on our tent (inflatable beams etc) it’s not much like camping! 

Went to one near there, lovely but windy as fuck when I was there. Spent half one night fighting to save an awning

2 hours ago, HomerJay said:

This is ours at Hafan y mor in North Wales

https://hafanymordirectholidays.co.uk/hb_accommodation/19-cardigan-bay/

The new facilities are superb. Theyve spent millions recently. 

We stayed at number 6 Cardigan Bay in October last year and it was definitely one of the nicest parts of Hafan Y Mor. As HomerJay says, the new facilities are superb and I would definitely recommend a break there. We've actually got a booking for number 12 Cardigan Bay on the 29th May but unfortunately its not looking like it'll go ahead with all that's going on. I'd be interested in a booking at yours HomerJay when all this is over, yours looks spot on!

Cheers, Andy

5 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

Again, slightly off request but we are going to one in France at the end of August (hopefully)

Its a short drive from Roscoff which is served by the Plymouth to Roscoff Brittany Ferry 

Camp looks brilliant, hope we can still go....

https://www.yellohvillage.co.uk/camping/les_mouettes

Cost about £1,200 for return ferry (with cabin) and 7 nights in premium cottage 

I've been there. Was ace - went late August and it was fucking freezing.