Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Non wanderers shirts


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This  I don’t get why you would get a non bolton top 

@Mr Grey the origins of the name? 👀  

Italy is expensive and they probably saw you coming. "Here he is, English baldy, double the price" 😁

Posted Images

  • Moderators
22 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Roma, only kits worth owning. PSG aren't to bad some seasons.

We have been to rome a few times

Each time, lad gets a roma top

We havent been since we paid 130 euros

And that was just the fan shirt, they also sell a match type shirt

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Casino said:

We have been to rome a few times

Each time, lad gets a roma top

We havent been since we paid 130 euros

And that was just the fan shirt, they also sell a match type shirt

Italy is expensive and they probably saw you coming. "Here he is, English baldy, double the price" 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Casino said:

We have been to rome a few times

Each time, lad gets a roma top

We havent been since we paid 130 euros

And that was just the fan shirt, they also sell a match type shirt

PSG wanted €200 in the club shop for an M’Bappe shirt night of a Champions League game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

I can’t believe for a second that this shop breaks even. Never been in, I know the website has been going for a good while and that a lot of stock is >£100. 

Surely the conversion rate is less than 1% though? I’d love to browse but I’d never buy. Same as most people. 

Seen a couple of articles in FourFourTwo and the like and it seems they do VERY well out of the match worn shirts that they get hold. Thousands of quid at a time. I’m guessing the rest just keeps them ticking over. Got a few things from them over the years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please forgive me Radcliffe but I had a Blackburn away shirt in the 90’s.

theyre on the other side of town from me so I don’t have a big dislike for them.

it was a quality Umbro shirt, red body n black short sleeves.

I

loved it, my favourite colours too!

it was hard wearing, I could just throw it in the boot of my car after 5a-side then put t on again the following week good as new 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

Please forgive me Radcliffe but I had a Blackburn away shirt in the 90’s.

theyre on the other side of town from me so I don’t have a big dislike for them.

it was a quality Umbro shirt, red body n black short sleeves.

I

loved it, my favourite colours too!

it was hard wearing, I could just throw it in the boot of my car after 5a-side then put t on again the following week good as new 😂

Shocking 

don’t say you watched them too

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Rudy’s Message said:

PSG wanted €200 in the club shop for an M’Bappe shirt night of a Champions League game.

There were 2 obvious names to have on it

Can't remember them but he saved us a fortune with his choice. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Seen a couple of articles in FourFourTwo and the like and it seems they do VERY well out of the match worn shirts that they get hold. Thousands of quid at a time. I’m guessing the rest just keeps them ticking over. Got a few things from them over the years.

They do a killing when euro away sides come to manc and their shop in London has become a tourist destination for foreign footy fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Italy is expensive and they probably saw you coming. "Here he is, English baldy, double the price" 😁

Or "here comes Raymond van Barneveld, triple the price"

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gonzo said:

Had a CD Tenerife shirt 94’ish. 

Never did find out why all their kits and badge have Scotland Flags on....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

The flag closely resembles the flag of Scotland. There are two popular traditions on the island of Tenerife trying to explain the resemblance. One is that the flag was adopted as a mark of respect to the bravery of the Scottish sailors in the Battle of Santa Cruz.

An alternative theory is the most influential masters of the island of Tenerife chose a design similar to the Scottish flag belonging to the Masonic Grand Lodge of Scotland and proposed a similar flag for the maritime province of the Canary Islands, which later became the flag of Tenerife.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gonzo said:

Had a CD Tenerife shirt 94’ish. 

Never did find out why all their kits and badge have Scotland Flags on....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

Tenerife adopted the flag centuries ago, and it was a mixture of two reasons, so the story goes. The main one was that St Andrew is the patron saint of fishermen, and fishing was the main trade here ( Tenerife) years ago. This was added to when Nelson tried to invade here, but, after a few days, a truce was found. The Tenerifians and British had a meal and presents were exchanged. The Scots had a batallion that had fought so bravely that they were greatly admired by the locals. The Scots at the meal gave them their flag, while the Tenerifians gave wine/cheese etc. So, to wrap up a mixture of both these reasons led to Tenerife adopting the St Andrews cross, although here its called San Andres. Know a bit long winded, but hope it helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The flag closely resembles the flag of Scotland. There are two popular traditions on the island of Tenerife trying to explain the resemblance. One is that the flag was adopted as a mark of respect to the bravery of the Scottish sailors in the Battle of Santa Cruz.

An alternative theory is the most influential masters of the island of Tenerife chose a design similar to the Scottish flag belonging to the Masonic Grand Lodge of Scotland and proposed a similar flag for the maritime province of the Canary Islands, which later became the flag of Tenerife.

Hi Matt, see my post two hours earlier. Your not far out if you read it. My info  comes from the president of The Armada Sur, which is a group of predominantly British fans who go to watch Tenerife every home game, and away game, if costs allow! There is normally two to three coaches that go from the South every home game, and Chris who formed the group, knows his stuff, he lives, eats and breaths CD Tenerife, bit like us with Bolton i suppose. Anyone who comes to Tenerife and fancies a live match, contact us!

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, woolli said:

Hi Matt, see my post two hours earlier. Your not far out if you read it. My info  comes from the president of The Armada Sur, which is a group of predominantly British fans who go to watch Tenerife every home game, and away game, if costs allow! There is normally two to three coaches that go from the South every home game, and Chris who formed the group, knows his stuff, he lives, eats and breaths CD Tenerife, bit like us with Bolton i suppose. Anyone who comes to Tenerife and fancies a live match, contact us!

I’ll be all over that next time we come over 👍🏻

...remember them singing Emerson from boro in their short spell in la liga. Roberto Carlos scored that cross come Worldy against them around the same time. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.