Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Last game of season 23 years ago


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dr Faustus said:

very late, purely to get his 10th game and winners medal

Their equaliser was probably unstoppable but with hindsight, you would have put ward on as a striker

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
4 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

Is this the one were Aldridge went mental when they equalised   or was that the League cup Semi .

 

3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

League Cup semi

I think you're wrong Matt. Aldridge celebrated us not getting the 100 points 100 goals like he'd just won the World Cup

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, paulhanley said:

In the home end for this one along with hundreds of other Bolton fans. They didn't like it. But they did nothing about it.

Didn't we get the whole end? Tickets were sold the Saturday morning after the Charlton match. After saying goodbye to Burnden queued up there for tickets the very next day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mannyroader said:

Didn't we get the whole end? Tickets were sold the Saturday morning after the Charlton match. After saying goodbye to Burnden queued up there for tickets the very next day.

Yep, the whole end behind the goal. Still wasn't enough. There were hundreds of us in the main stand along the side. Particularly after our second it felt like half the stand was up celebrating. Something else the bindippers have probably harboured a grudge about over the years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

 

I think you're wrong Matt. Aldridge celebrated us not getting the 100 points 100 goals like he'd just won the World Cup

Probably both tbf. Certainly remember him doing laps of the touchline in front of Allardyce when they scored their second and third in the League Cup semi. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Probably both tbf. Certainly remember him doing laps of the touchline in front of Allardyce when they scored their second and third in the League Cup semi. 

I think your right , that second leg performance is a contender for the worst performance list.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

I think your right , that second leg performance is a contender for the worst performance list.

Plenty calling for Allardyce to be sacked at that game.

Played Cambridge away in the FA Cup the following Saturday and won 3-1. Eidur came on as sub and scored a classy goal. On the away fans terrace a kiosk sold bacon butties. No better marketing ploy than the smell of bacon cooking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mannyroader said:

Plenty calling for Allardyce to be sacked at that game.

Played Cambridge away in the FA Cup the following Saturday and won 3-1. Eidur came on as sub and scored a classy goal. On the away fans terrace a kiosk sold bacon butties. No better marketing ploy than the smell of bacon cooking.

They won plenty of plaudits Cambridge for bacon butties.  We got the last ones that day - glorious and a good away win as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Horrible HORRIBLE revelation just appeared on Twitter that Campo idolised Aldridge when he was younger.

It's a sad day.

Awful, but I'm making myself believe the decision was based purely on him being one of the first foreigners to play in the Basque country and on his goalscoring record.

There's no way Ivan would have idolised him if he knew he was such a massive cunt.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Horrible HORRIBLE revelation just appeared on Twitter that Campo idolised Aldridge when he was younger.

It's a sad day.

to redress the balance

EXPxk22XkAM9nGo?format=jpg&name=large

Link to post
Share on other sites

Friend of the wife's said he knew Aldridge and would get a freebie for me for the game.

Turned up at the ticket office in my Wanderers top and said I was there to collect a ticket from John Aldridge. The looks I got were unbelievable.

Problem was the ticket was in the home stand. Don't know how I survived.

Link to post
Share on other sites

that was the day after my wedding...…….  stayed in the honeymoon suit at the buemount  buemount  road 

went down for breakfast morning after and all the team where there having there pre match meal 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.