Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hoover recommendations

Rudy

• Members

Need a new one, had a Vax and it was alright, got told Dysons were crap and always break but don’t know how true that is, seen adverts for these G-Techs and shark vacuums but seem a bit QVC esque 

• Site Supporter

Dysons are great but expensive.

We've just got a Xiaomi roidmi. £200 

Lighter, more powerful and around half the price of the equivalent Dyson.

Battery doesn't last long on the cordless types though.

We have had a couple of traditional dysons and this is better.

Edited by HomerJay

18 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

We've got a Henry, well a Hetty but same thing.

It's bloody cumbersome but gets the job done better than most.

Made in the UK too, as are Gtech which I would have gone with if I had the money.

We do some work with Gtech, as far as I'm aware, about 95% of what they sell is manufactured in China, not in the UK

Had nothing but problems with the dyson animal v6 thing. You get 20 battery power which soon wains. Ended up replacing the battery then that ended up fucked. (Charger was fine) maybe we just had bad luck but the Mrs fucked it off for a shark.

That things a warrior. No problems at all with it. 

• Site Supporter

Dysons are still decent.

We looked at shark and Gtech but was disappointed to find much was made overseas and isn't properly British yet.

So went for German- Miele complete c3 cat and dog. Could suck an egg through a straw.

Actually uses bags, but has filters for air quality like others and is great on pet hair and any muck they bring in.

Was determined not to go for Chinese.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Had current dyson for over 6 years still never had an issue. Never broken once which I only know as I’ve not been asked to stump up for a new one 

Had a Dyson for many years. The beauty with them is that individual parts are quite plentiful on Ebay and other sales sites.

It may get a bit like triggers broom eventually. 

• Members
11 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Yup massive capacity on em too.

The lad hates it because it picks up everything. So owt that gets left on the floor ends up the hoover. 

Explains your missing cat 

• Site Supporter

Professional opinion?

First thing is if you want a tub vacuum or an upright.. 

Shark - great but problems with build quality.. I've also seen then destroy loose carpets 

Henry - they are good, but they no longer have the German motor and so not as powerful as they once were.. Get a Turbo brush and it's a brilliant vacuum. I have one as a back up. Do not use them without a bag!

Sebo - absolute brilliant, expensive but high quality, I use one of these and they are the vacuum of choice for carpet cleaners. Also very heavy

Miele cat dog - won loads of awards. 

Dyson cordless - really powerful but small chamber for dust, also you have to make sure you proper clean it once in a while or it loses dust. 

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

First Dysons were brilliant, but the build quality in recent years is fuck awful.

Almost as if the move to cheap labour coincided with the drop in quality.

Don't mind paying a premium for quality but when the product is getting crap it's not worth it.

My Mum's DC01 lasted for bloody ages. I dropped it down the stairs and it clipped back together and ran straight away no worries.

No idea what her current model is but it's always breaking.