Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lockdown Retro Gaming

MancWanderer

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

I think retailers will sell digital codes the same price 

That’s what Amazon have said and potentially cheaper because no physical copy or shipping costs 

Well certainly hasn’t been the case for Xbox or that I’m aware of pal 

Have dusted off battlefield 3 on origin, still one of my favourite fps after many years. Nice to roam around enclosed spaces without fear of anything other than a shotgun in the face. Although I've got my avatar properly masked up.

downloaded apex legends which is origin answer to fortnite but not yet begun the humiliation of getting fragged by teenagers.

• Members
28 minutes ago, Wardrobe said:

Hope those prices are right. Another £100 for a 4k dvd player makes the desicion an easy one

It’s not just that. It’s backwards compatible, so the PS4 discs you can use on the 5 but not on the digital version

5 hours ago, Wardrobe said:

Hope those prices are right. Another £100 for a 4k dvd player makes the desicion an easy one

the current white xbox's bluray player is a 4k one, the current playstation's drive isnt. 

i find that bizarre. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Another Total War giveaway, this time on Epic Game Launcher: https://epicgames.com/

Total War Troy is the latest one. No idea if it's any good, they go a little bit like versions of windows, some of them great, some not so much. It's a £35 new game for free though so that's nice, but only for 24 hours. 

CD Keys are really good for cheap PC games. Not sure how they manage it but they're always about half price of Steam.

Thanks for this tip BTW! 👍

• 1 month later...
On 18/09/2020 at 08:59, Nowack said:

Championship Manager is free to download on the Epic platform for those interested.

Just found this thread intending to post the same! There's a couple of other games free at the moment as well, but the deadline for claiming is Thursday.

im in two minds about getting back into football manager. It's years since I played it, but way back then it was deadly addictive and time consuming. Can only think its even more so now.

28 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

Just found this thread intending to post the same! There's a couple of other games free at the moment as well, but the deadline for claiming is Thursday.

im in two minds about getting back into football manager. It's years since I played it, but way back then it was deadly addictive and time consuming. Can only think its even more so now.

It's got overly complicated now so it's sucked a lot of the fun out of it for me.