Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Random WW pages from the past

SatanGreavsie

In an idle moment just now I thought what if you dial in a random page number from the main topics listings page of one of the forum sections, and see what was happening a while back.

So, on Behind The Stands, 666 wasn't an option as there aren't that many pages listing topics, so I went for 333. Lo and behold it turned out to be Dec 27th 1012, and on the first page listing topics there's one from Leigh White called "quarantined". Genuinely totally random that that came up, and as per most of his posts, it's a laugh:

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/75899-quarantined/

51 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

In an idle moment just now I thought what if you dial in a random page number from the main topics listings page of one of the forum sections, and see what was happening a while back.

So, on Behind The Stands, 666 wasn't an option as there aren't that many pages listing topics, so I went for 333. Lo and behold it turned out to be Dec 27th 1012, and on the first page listing topics there's one from Leigh White called "quarantined". Genuinely totally random that that came up, and as per most of his posts, it's a laugh:

She randomly rang up me about 6 weeks ago, going out with a fat tattooed trucker now from Burton, i found out the lonesome Christmas dinner eater had passed away.

15 hours ago, SatanGreavsie said:

27th Dec 1012.

Does the 20 years of Wanderersway thread need to be re-titled 10 centuries of Wanderersways or have you just been drinking heavily ?

Just now, H said:

27th Dec 1012.

Does the 20 years of Wanderersway thread need to be re-titled 10 centuries of Wanderersways or have you just been drinking heavily ?

Hah!

According to the Venerable Bede, on ye 27th December, year of our Lord 1012, Lord Leythe de White did imbide sucheth quantities of rough ale that he was overcome with a fit of soilage and endeth being awoken the next daybreak in a dung midden in Athyrton alongside a slutternly wench.

7 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Hah!

According to the Venerable Bede, on ye 27th December, year of our Lord 1012, Lord Leythe de White did imbide sucheth quantities of rough ale that he was overcome with a fit of soilage and endeth being awoken the next daybreak in a dung midden in Athyrton alongside a slutternly wench.

Ha ha, a lot to answer for, that Lord Leythe de White.😄

6 hours ago, leigh white said:

Ha ha, a lot to answer for, that Lord Leythe de White.😄

It could be like Blackadder this - Leigh White's ancestors through the ages 🙂

Leythe de White was actually the bastard son of the great-great-great grandson (once removed) of the Mercian King Egwhyt, renowned in the Anglo Saxon Chronicles as being the only person ever to survive being hung, drawn and quartered - twice. As the Chronicles put it: "then they that removed his innards from his still living corpse were thereupon so  repulsed by the contents thereof that upon the greatest of haste did they put them back. It is said that the contents doth bear the name "lobbie" and that the unholy foulage is clearly the work of the devil himself and all his imps". 

500 years after Lord Leythe de White died intestate, above a hovel of ill repute in Hastings (he never dared leave there after changing sides numerous times during the Battle), his far distant relative Baron Michael de Myner was serving as warden of the chambermaids in Henry VIII''s court. He got the job after forging a family tree that was rather suspect in its veracity, having roots about as solid as Birnam Wood. After being caught knocking off the latest bride to be, Anne of Cleve's, he successfully saved his skin by convincing the court she was actually "Anne from Cleveleys" whereupon he received a pardon and a pension, most of which he spent on a  course of blood-letting from a  quack apothecary in Solihull, hoping to cure "ye pox". Though it didn't work and he died shortly thereafter, it was not before siring an heir during a brief stagecoach stop on the Great East road, in a layby, somewhere near Melton Mowbray. And the rest is history...

1 hour ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Leythe de White was actually the bastard son of the great-great-great grandson (once removed) of the Mercian King Egwhyt, renowned in the Anglo Saxon Chronicles as being the only person ever to survive being hung, drawn and quartered - twice. As the Chronicles put it: "then they that removed his innards from his still living corpse were thereupon so  repulsed by the contents thereof that upon the greatest of haste did they put them back. It is said that the contents doth bear the name "lobbie" and that the unholy foulage is clearly the work of the devil himself and all his imps". 

500 years after Lord Leythe de White died intestate, above a hovel of ill repute in Hastings (he never dared leave there after changing sides numerous times during the Battle), his far distant relative Baron Michael de Myner was serving as warden of the chambermaids in Henry VIII''s court. He got the job after forging a family tree that was rather suspect in its veracity, having roots about as solid as Birnam Wood. After being caught knocking off the latest bride to be, Anne of Cleve's, he successfully saved his skin by convincing the court she was actually "Anne from Cleveleys" whereupon he received a pardon and a pension, most of which he spent on a  course of blood-letting from a  quack apothecary in Solihull, hoping to cure "ye pox". Though it didn't work and he died shortly thereafter, it was not before siring an heir during a brief stagecoach stop on the Great East road, in a layby, somewhere near Melton Mowbray. And the rest is history...

Fantastic stuff, i've had my cousin delving into our family tree for ages hitting some dead ends, and you nail it. I doff my cap.

11 hours ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Leythe de White was actually the bastard son of the great-great-great grandson (once removed) of the Mercian King Egwhyt, renowned in the Anglo Saxon Chronicles as being the only person ever to survive being hung, drawn and quartered - twice. 

Presumably after being quartered twice he became known as King Little Egwhyt.

Who'do have thought Leigh White and Little Whit were related.

Edited by H