Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

When all this blows over...

We know the pub and draft ale is high on most folk on here's agenda.

Football days out.

Fuck knows what depravity the likes of Escobar have in mind. 😆

This sounds a bit 'hello sailor' but I've always fancied the idea of a bivvy tent and/or hammock and tarp, a touring bike and the open road - get all my ducks lined up here re: income and a job to come back to then just piss off from May to September one year...

Dunno what else will change - always been a total anti-consumerist aside from the necessities; Belstaff jacket here, pair of elitist trainers there...might have to start spending though, stave off a recession, can't have another fucking seven+ years of general skintery and all the binary shit it creates ('Tommeh', Momentum et al)...The fucking media and arts not going on about it ad nauseum for the next twenty years would be good. They've only just shut up about September the 11th.

Anyway sun's still out and just enjoying it with my daily cider ration (1 pint imperial).

What's every other c*nt got planned?

We'll all probably end up like Homer Simpson - eating pork scratchings and watching 10-pin bowling on the telly.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Talking to another poster off here earlier. I would just love to get back out on the road, moan about the fucking motorways, moan about other drivers, moan about endless nights away staying in shit hotels and spend the odd day in Head Office down south thinking up nicknames for the oddballs that work there

Oh and fuck off on as many holidays as possible as often as possible no matter the cost

The idea of airports etc.

Fucking hate them at the best of times.

I used to think nowt of going away Friday to Sunday but really fucked off short trips the past few years, the tradeoff between getting away and running the gauntlet of increasing numbers of fuckwits - fellow travellers and staff both, veered too much toward avoiding the latter at the expense of the former.

• Site Supporter

Pubs, airports, holiday resorts will all be simply awful for the first few weeks/months.

Social distancing is simply not conducive to any of them and all I can see is tension and sporadic outbreaks of fisticuffs.

Imagine having to queue to get into a bar in Benidorm or wait in the blazing sun whilst Tommy Bulldog finishes his full English and 4 Stella.

Tempers won’t be good.

Likewise, the airport. For many people, the most important part of any holiday is the Facebook picture of your “cheeky” airport pint. This pint you generally queue 20 minutes for in the best of times. Throw in massive queues, everyone being kept apart by itchy security guards and 10 lads from Oldham kicking off because they can’t have any bing and you have opened the gates to a hell that makes me shudder.

I’ll just be happy with a local restaurant for this year and hope it’s all back to normal in 2021.

5 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

The first couple of months of travel to Europe will be dreadful at airports. I hate them at the best of times. Unlocking travel will release every mouth breather into them. I’ll wait a while

I've come to the same conclusion, I'm desperate to go away but itll be carnage at first not just with people but with airports trying to bed new measures in.

I've not seen my family since early February, my mates since not long after that, so seeing them will be high priority.

I want a proper draught pint badly.

We're a long way off but I cant wait for that first away with fans allowed as well. Wherever it is, whenever it is, it'll be like another Wycombe.

22 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

This sounds a bit 'hello sailor' but I've always fancied the idea of a bivvy tent and/or hammock and tarp, a touring bike and the open road - get all my ducks lined up here re: income and a job to come back to then just piss off from May to September one year...

Always fancied the same, get up to Scotland where you can wild camp and just get lost for a bit.

As odd as it may sound one thing I'm definitely going to do next year is walk across Wales in a day. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Always fancied the same, get up to Scotland where you can wild camp and just get lost for a bit.

As odd as it may sound one thing I'm definitely going to do next year is walk across Wales in a day. 

Fucking hell, how long are your legs?

2 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

This mate of mine, around ten or twelve years ago wanted me and another lad to go up to Knoydart and rough it - live off the land SAS style for a couple of weeks.

I thought he knew his stuff and was considering it, until I went to his house for a barbeque...fuck me he couldn't get it going for love nor money - sticking newspaper on top, cans of deodorant flamethrowers - the works...

Nearly went to 'the last true wilderness in Britain' with this muppet. 😆

• Members

Looking to having a right good day out with the Mrs. 
Break in the highlands. 
Beers with the lads

Putting some miles on the Lambretta. 

Golf with my old man. 
Take the little un to Formby

My gym had gone down the 'crosstrainer', spinning, cardio shite route...got rid of 90% of fixed and free weights.

Couldn't move for pillocks who'd obviously never thrown a punch in their life prancing about the (new, good addition) heavybag tippy-tapping. Some weird skiing rope thing, resistance bands, medicine balls...fuck me - the salesman saw them coming - utter shite.

So not missing it and now it's expired.

Probably join Bolton One after the unleashed numpty phase dies back. It's close by and has a proper pool - and a steam and sauna, seven years later.

45 minutes ago, Spider said:

Pubs, airports, holiday resorts will all be simply awful for the first few weeks/months.

Social distancing is simply not conducive to any of them and all I can see is tension and sporadic outbreaks of fisticuffs.

Imagine having to queue to get into a bar in Benidorm or wait in the blazing sun whilst Tommy Bulldog finishes his full English and 4 Stella.

Tempers won’t be good.

Likewise, the airport. For many people, the most important part of any holiday is the Facebook picture of your “cheeky” airport pint. This pint you generally queue 20 minutes for in the best of times. Throw in massive queues, everyone being kept apart by itchy security guards and 10 lads from Oldham kicking off because they can’t have any bing and you have opened the gates to a hell that makes me shudder.

I’ll just be happy with a local restaurant for this year and hope it’s all back to normal in 2021.

Tommy Bulldog 🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'll be glad when everyone starts to piss off abroad or go to the effluent coast for a day out.

Get local paths quiet again and free up summers for sporting events and quiet cottages in leafy lanes.

Don't forget a big woven 'bag for life'...

A nurse told me about that btw. A female paediatric one (perfect, good handful).

@Tonge moor green jacket

Whoosh! And good for you it's whoosh...

This girl (woman) told me she used to pass a public toilet in a leafy lane (near Chorley)...

Anyway - she used to see a young bloke hanging around with a big woven bag for life on a regular basis.

She thought it odd but let it pass until she mentioned it to a colleague.

Apparenently the bag is to stand in so there's only one pair of feet/soes on display in the gap under the traps.

She said from then on she looked more intently passing by and, on occasion, saw the dirty devil going into the bogs followed by a furtive looking bloke(s).