Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

When all this blows over...

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Whoosh! And good for you it's whoosh...

This girl (woman) told me she used to pass a public toilet in a leafy lane (near Chorley)...

Anyway - she used to see a young bloke hanging around with a big woven bag for life on a regular basis.

She thought it odd but let it pass until she mentioned it to a colleague.

Apparenently the bag is to stand in so there's only one pair of feet/soes on display in the gap under the traps.

Well fuck me.

That's so tangential I'm glad I got whooshed.

Where the fuck do such things come from- surely a hearty plastic job would be more practical as it won't absorb any fluids from the floor!

I think that's the last of those bloke's worries...

After she told me that tale I now know why, when I was a kid, my old man told me to have a piss off the bridge at Barrow Bridge terminus - instead of in the bogs there.

"Dad, why's there holes in the walls of the toilet?"

"Never mind son, go and wee off the bridge - see if you can hit a frog"

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I think that's the last of those bloke's worries...

After she told me that tale I now know why, when I was a kid, my old man told me to have a piss off the bridge at Barrow Bridge terminus - instead of in the bogs there.

"Dad, why's there holes in the walls of the toilet?"

"Never mind son, go and wee off the bridge - see if you can hit a frog"

A possible summer activity there to replace cricket and the Olympics.

Frog pissing from bridges.

Points awarded: 5 for moving the stream to hit the fucker, and a bonus 5 if the initial drops hit first time.

I guess I just want the security of knowing there will be a job/industry to go back to. If that was all fine then I’m certainly enjoying the weather and the countryside on my doorstep but I have to say I am actually missing town now.

Cant wait to get back out and about, going to have c a Saturday in Brixton, then up to borough market maybe, few pints walk down the southbank etc just a normal Saturday would be really welcome. 

Plenty of weekends away for me exploring the Highlands and Islands. 

spend more time with my mum as well trying to get back into seeing her once a week and fitting my work schedule around that. 

firstly will be a 3/4 day bender I imagine. Out on the Friday and home when I’m home. Get that out my system 

also want to start fishing again. Both coarse which I can do and learn how to fly fish and then hopefully get some salmon fishing in on the tweed later in the year 

then Thailand in December for 17 nights to round off the year. Pre Xmas reacharound at Annie’s 

'Arrival' is on the telly on Film4 but I'm looking out through the window instead at the remnants of sunlight on the horizon, pink and grey clouds, shadows of trees and the shadow of the Earth causing a sliver crescent moon - reality is stranger than fiction...

And then my sister sends me footage of Tommeh and loads of Barrow bellends breaking lockdown and my 'only intelligent life in limitless expanse' reverie is over...

I wonder if I can get to Morrisons before 10?

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
10 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

'Arrival' is on the telly on Film4 but I'm looking out through the window instead at the remnants of sunlight on the horizon, pink and grey clouds, shadows of trees and the shadow of the Earth causing a sliver crescent moon - reality is stranger than fiction...

And then my sister sends me footage of Tommeh and loads of Barrow bellends breaking lockdown and my 'only intelligent life in limitless expanse' reverie is over...

I wonder if I can get to Morrisons before 10?

Can’t wait to meet you Youri

11 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

You'll owe me £16.20 for 2x18x440ml of Magners Cider I'll bring for the aperitif/pre jollyboy's drinkipoos. 😉

Hand on heart youri how many could you plough through do you reckon? 

@Escobarp

At present - hardly owt.

Not big, nor clever but I dunno how much I've done in in the past...

Once I bumped my head a tad and ended up in A+E...

The nice nurse who later came to see me said I was a sort of record holder for blood alcohol level of someone ambulatory and (sort-of) compus mentus.

Sommat from a blip a few years back...

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/87479-not-attention-seeking-but-i-might-as-well-come-out/page/4/

Not big and clever and dunno if my liver is up to similar shenanigans now 😕

Well I'd gone from, on Saturday, supping about five litres of 'Beeno Teento', a good half litre of Ron Arehucas Oro (nice chap) and about twenty odd cans or bottles and a few shots of Olmeca Tequila (all day mind)...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I'm looking forward to getting the house back to myself, cracking on with trying to resurrect my business and moving it forward.

As for pubs, I'm not remotely interested in going anywhere near one for the first fortnight they're open. It'll be a like a 2-week long New year's Eve, with wankers clogging the place and all the pent-up testosterone on display : brawls everywhere.

Just now, Traf said:

As for pubs, I'm not remotely interested in going anywhere near one for the first fortnight they're open. It'll be a like a 2-week long New year's Eve, with wankers clogging the place and all the pent-up testosterone on display : brawls everywhere.

Sounds like a good night out that pal 

I'm not a massive unit like Waddy either haha...

6' 2" and shrinking - 83-100kg.

Probably about 87-90kg now.

My late dad had 'hollow legs' according to my also late mam...he was only about 5' 9 and wiry but I witnessed him drink about 16 pints and shorts at sixty and be up at 8am for work next day...

Genetics.