Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Manly Clothing thread

Rudy

Just now, royal white said:

Not sure what it is but whenever I buy anything from flannels online, especially anything from BOSS, the sizes are well off

I use cruise fashion which is same group and don’t do much online as can buy a T-shirt, same one, different colour and sizes are massively different most of the time so maybe summat in it 

On 26/06/2020 at 23:12, royal white said:

Having a clear out and found an old Paul and Shark jumper. Out of all them kind of brands I reckon they’re the best made, it’s over 20 year old and still like new. They went a bit chavvy about 15 years ago but it looks like they’re bringing some nice new stuff back out. 

I think it’s going to be an expensive weekend with the online shopping 

https://www.sportsdirect.com/paul-and-shark-crew?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=ROIH+-+Paul+&+Shark+-+All+-+PRO+-+UK--ROIH+-+Paul+&+Shark+-+All+-+PRO+-+UK+Interests&utm_content=at1!24006228&utm_id=at1!24006228#dcp=2&dppp=120&OrderBy=rank

a week later and Sports direct is rammed with it 🤷🏻 Oh well 

30 minutes ago, royal white said:

Because he sells at house of Fraser is it not? So he’s just using sports direct as an outlet 

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Could be a similar explanation as to why Sports Direct have suddenly started flogging Lyle & Scott stuff? 

They have in the past had Stone island in. Stone island jacket goes well with a Tap out vest and Lonsdale shoes 😄

Edited by royal white

Some of the bigger Sports Direct have stock from USC and Pulp in them. Wouldn't surprise me if he started selling HoF stuff through there too.

Last time i was in Kendals they had some sports direct tat on the top floor filling the space previously rented out to a concession

Some cracking sales on at the Cheshire Oakes Belstaff shop (for the classier lads amongst us) 

The Ralph Lauren shop was shite and was no cheaper than the RL shop in selfridges. 

BOSS is getting more like tommy Hilger every time I go in the shop. Gone massively down hill the last few years  

Edited by royal white

• Site Supporter

I bought a Belstaff jacket in 2008 that’s still going strong

Doubt it would be of interest to the JCL’s though. Belstaff will now just go the way of Boss, Barbour, Aquascutum etc and chase the easy money.

Can’t blame them but it’s all a bit baaaaaa

• Members
10 hours ago, Spider said:

I bought a Belstaff jacket in 2008 that’s still going strong

Doubt it would be of interest to the JCL’s though. Belstaff will now just go the way of Boss, Barbour, Aquascutum etc and chase the easy money.

Can’t blame them but it’s all a bit baaaaaa

Belstaff and Barbour coats will outlive you. 
The fact that you can send them back to be rewaxed and repaired means they pay for themselves 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Belstaff used to be a half decent waterproof biker jacket, nothing more. When did they become must-have jackets for the fashionista?

When some dandy bohemian in pointy shoes and a cravat down that London said so.

People don't just make these choices individually, they follow the crowd.

Remember Burberry?

• Site Supporter
Just now, athywhite1958 said:

It's a lot of Joules around the horsey world now, my missus and daughter spend a bastard fortune on it

Aye

I've lost a fair chunk of cash to Joules as well.

And Ariat. Fuck me, they know how to add a nought on to pricing. Good gear though.