Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2020/21

Horwich

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Yeah apologies, fuck knows how I worked that one out. Though I’m sure Reading would have been in an even worse position than us had they gone up that season. 

From memory, up until Mixu's last minute goal against Burnley on the final day, we'd have been at home to Wolves in the first leg. The draw moved us back above Wolves

Great point that.  No way were we winning that game over 2 legs with the 2nd leg at Molyneux.  We were in poor form relatively and the difference between playing under the lights at Burnden in 2nd leg and doing the same at Molyneux is what swung it between 2 well matched teams.  

42 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Sort the wheat from the chaff when getting tickets for this one 

Nobody will be arsed on a Tuesday night in January after it’s already been postponed twice. Or it’ll end up being at the start of the season (along with Salford) and end up being the only two away games played behind closed doors. 

10 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Barrow will be praying their games with us and Carlisle are played in front of fans.  I just cant see standing up at games on terraces being allowed in the foreseeable.

Carlisle is only two miles nearer to Barrow than Bolton is, believe it or not. 

5 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Barrow -  Morecambe must be quite close.

This 2 clubs going up from the National league, does it mean there's a relegation from Div 2 ?

Depends if you’re any good at swimming 😊

One team to go down (Stevenage) and restores the 92.  

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Depends if you’re any good at swimming 😊

One team to go down (Stevenage) and restores the 92.  

☺️

Just seen somewhere else that it could still be Macclesfield who go down if they get a further points deduction, which is possible.

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

No chance 

come September crowds will be back 

In my opinion there's zero chance of grounds being open to full capacity in 3 months.  Which means no terraces unless they find a way to stop people standing side by side.  My guess is 2021 for terraces.

3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Looking on Trainline both don’t seem that bad 

Carlisle is rapid on West Coast Main Line and Barrow feels much quicker by rail than road. It’s between the two that is the problem from their point of view, takes ages to get anywhere around Cumbria.