Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2020/21

Horwich

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeGree47282963/status/1281899957054836736

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 fucking state of it 

The leopard skin print gayer on the left- his right thumb is squashed/deformed and resembles a fin.

On 09/07/2020 at 12:50, Leyther_Matt said:

Odd that Scotland are leading the way on this one considering how things have gone so far. 

No alcohol for sale inside Scottish football grounds, maybe some part of the thought process🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Iles reporting that capacity to be set at 20-40% of a grounds capacity (no away fans) if current progress re. coronavirus is maintained.

So that will give us 5,600 to 11,200.

last years ST first dibbs then take it from there. Alternate seating/rows?

Please please please lower tier only 🤣

34 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Not going to be many away grounds that can accommodate us.

I'd not be surprised if a lot of clubs in our division decide to have no away fans - especially if those in the ground need to be "socially distanced"  -  some of those smaller grounds may need all the capacity for their own fans, plus if attendances are reduced, not having to pay a massive police bill may be appealing as well

Taking Leeds as an example, they could sell 40,000 season tickets minimum assuming they get promoted, its a nightmare to decide who gets them.  Even if you went on "loyalty", you'll have families split with Dad going to the game coz he's been going for 10 years plus and his son, who's not missed a game for 5 years, sat at home.  Its going to bring out a load of FOMO, if there's a crowd allowed in Bolton home games and I'm not allowed to go, I'd rather it was empty.  Proper feeling of detachment and missing out if its all going on without you.  If fans werent already in the habit of just watching on TV, its going to speed it up even more, getting a ticket will be too much like hard work for the less than committed.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Taking Leeds as an example, they could sell 40,000 season tickets minimum assuming they get promoted, its a nightmare to decide who gets them.  Even if you went on "loyalty", you'll have families split with Dad going to the game coz he's been going for 10 years plus and his son, who's not missed a game for 5 years, sat at home.  Its going to bring out a load of FOMO, if there's a crowd allowed in Bolton home games and I'm not allowed to go, I'd rather it was empty.  Proper feeling of detachment and missing out if its all going on without you.  If fans werent already in the habit of just watching on TV, its going to speed it up even more, getting a ticket will be too much like hard work for the less than committed.

Even if we have to go to 40% or 50% capacity, it shouldn't cause too much of an issue for those with ST's I wouldn't have thought  - it might not leave any room for pay on the day types, and probably no away fans, but I'd be surprised if those who wanted an ST couldn't get one

4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

If it’s 40% no problems 

think we sold 8000/8500 last season let’s say few more promising signings and you could be pushing 9-10

That was my thinking, I don't think it'll get anywhere near as high as 10K, so 40% wouldn't be an issue  -  it's just a massively complex thing, because you'd think that an entire family can sit with each other, but then is it a 1m gap front, side and backwards before say a single person or a group of people can sit?!?!  -  also, do you have to wear masks when under the stands?  -  how do they regulate toilet use, or do they just totally close them, and not let anybody use them (they won't be serving refreshments anyway I wouldn't have thought)

It'll be a massive ball ache to try and arrange, especially for some of the really small grounds

2 minutes ago, Sweep said:

That was my thinking, I don't think it'll get anywhere near as high as 10K, so 40% wouldn't be an issue  -  it's just a massively complex thing, because you'd think that an entire family can sit with each other, but then is it a 1m gap front, side and backwards before say a single person or a group of people can sit?!?!  -  also, do you have to wear masks when under the stands?  -  how do they regulate toilet use, or do they just totally close them, and not let anybody use them (they won't be serving refreshments anyway I wouldn't have thought)

It'll be a massive ball ache to try and arrange, especially for some of the really small grounds

Think the plan is along the lines of people sitting in rows going down and 2 seat gaps between then another row, but so many questions.

like I said earlier how will bigger clubs prioritise it will be a head fuck I see bwfc have planned for different scenarios and info could be out this week 

I don't see how this can work....currently I have my ST next to my mate's, but i'm assuming there would  now have to be a 1 or 2 seat gap between us, fair enough........but what happens when capacity is hopefully increased,  would they go through the performance of changing ST seat numbers again mid-season ?

& away games if there are some crowds admitted, when Torquay banned away fans ,we still went & everyone got in, so there'll be loads will still travel & take their chances especially for aways within an hour.

For me it should be all or nothing & would prefer to wait until crowds can be back to normal & people can make their own judgement.

7 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

I don't see how this can work....currently I have my ST next to my mate's, but i'm assuming there would  now have to be a 1 or 2 seat gap between us, fair enough........but what happens when capacity is hopefully increased,  would they go through the performance of changing ST seat numbers again mid-season ?

& away games if there are some crowds admitted, when Torquay banned away fans ,we still went & everyone got in, so there'll be loads will still travel & take their chances especially for aways within an hour.

For me it should be all or nothing & would prefer to wait until crowds can be back to normal & people can make their own judgement.

Good point on fans travelling

take say oldham where even on restrictions there would still be room not to mention fans going for a piss up