Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2020/21

Horwich

The annoying thing is the vast majority of those proving positive aren’t suffering symptoms, don’t need hospitalisation and certainly won’t die, so why are we putting this countries economy and our national sports at risk? Concentrate on protecting the vulnerable and leave the rest to get on with life.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Sounds like Bundsliga will not have fans now until end of November earliest because of rise of infections.

Players being infected in Scotland is also not good.

There is more chance of catching the virus with having supporters watching from pubs

Fukin hell, most sensible thing you’ve ever posted.

You shudda retired earlier. 😁

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

The annoying thing is the vast majority of those proving positive aren’t suffering symptoms, don’t need hospitalisation and certainly won’t die, so why are we putting this countries economy and our national sports at risk? Concentrate on protecting the vulnerable and leave the rest to get on with life.

Agreed, we can’t go on like this forever 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, bromers said:

Agreed, we can’t go on like this forever 

But, but, but...

It needs to stop spreading, and it’s not the vulnerable who’re spreading it.

It’s the selfish irresponsible fuckers who needs clamping down on.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

You being vulnerable steejay might not see a game next season😀

If away fans aren’t allowed in the grounds, we should just go on the piss in whatever town/city we’re playing.

28 minutes ago, Steejay said:

If away fans aren’t allowed in the grounds, we should just go on the piss in whatever town/city we’re playing.

Was thinking similar,      what's to stop a few hundred united and Sevilla lads turning up in whichever german city they are due to play in.    

18 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

Was thinking similar,      what's to stop a few hundred united and Sevilla lads turning up in whichever german city they are due to play in.    

Said this all summer, police and BTP will still be facing some busy Saturdays next season even if fans arent allowed in.

Every team in every division will still find their fans travelling and showing up in whichever town/city they're in that day, from the likes of Leeds piling into Manchester in massive numbers to ourselves turning out in Barrow, Carlisle etc. Just wonder if it will end up forcing government's hand to start letting people back in earlier if it's a choice of that or a town full of aimless pissed up outsiders every weekend.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Said this all summer, police and BTP will still be facing some busy Saturdays next season even if fans arent allowed in.

Every team in every division will still find their fans travelling and showing up in whichever town/city they're in that day, from the likes of Leeds piling into Manchester in massive numbers to ourselves turning out in Barrow, Carlisle etc. Just wonder if it will end up forcing government's hand to start letting people back in earlier if it's a choice of that or a town full of aimless pissed up outsiders every weekend.

Really don't see that many bothering if they can't actually see the game live. More likely to stay in the pubs in their home town.

If they are allowed to watch then the issue of fans piling into pubs etc will be a major headache. That would also apply under your scenario. 

Given what's happening with Scottish football, and the theory of Spanish fans in Liverpool at the start of all this, I can see a situation where the season is halted again. Loads of Hull rugby players played a few days ago and have tested positive now- if that happens on a bigger scale with fans..

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Really don't see that many bothering if they can't actually see the game live. More likely to stay in the pubs in their home town.

If they are allowed to watch then the issue of fans piling into pubs etc will be a major headache. That would also apply under your scenario. 

Given what's happening with Scottish football, and the theory of Spanish fans in Liverpool at the start of all this, I can see a situation where the season is halted again. Loads of Hull rugby players played a few days ago and have tested positive now- if that happens on a bigger scale with fans..

Aye. No game entrance and I won’t be travelling anywhere.

• Moderators

mate is a ST at Spurs, this is how they are doing it:

Spurs have been hinting in emails that 30% capacity will be allowed "soon after" the season starts. If so, there will be a ballot system to decide who gets their ticket for that game. For the right to be entered into the ballot, I had to pay 250 quid to reserve my season ticket. If I get a ticket for any of those games, I need to pay up to 65 quid for it depending on the opposition.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

On the contrary I see loads bothering, especially for the more high profile fixtures, maybe not week after week. I'll certainly be travelling to some, I'm sick of the sight of the same town day after day.

Halting the season would probably be the safest option from a public health point of view but other than individual games being called off like we've seen in Scotland I dont think anything will stop the behemoth that is top level football now it's back on again.

UEFA isnt going to do anything that harms the completion of Champions League, Europa League or Euro 2021, that we're seeing a rush to complete last seasons UCL in mid-late August on the same days qualification for next seasons UCL is happening says it all. Whether anyone's going to be able to go or not though is another matter.

8 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Spurs have been hinting in emails that 30% capacity will be allowed "soon after" the season starts. If so, there will be a ballot system to decide who gets their ticket for that game. For the right to be entered into the ballot, I had to pay 250 quid to reserve my season ticket. If I get a ticket for any of those games, I need to pay up to 65 quid for it depending on the opposition.

Fucking hell, that’s a genius money making scam. 

3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

On the contrary I see loads bothering, especially for the more high profile fixtures, maybe not week after week. I'll certainly be travelling to some, I'm sick of the sight of the same town day after day.

Halting the season would probably be the safest option from a public health point of view but other than individual games being called off like we've seen in Scotland I dont think anything will stop the behemoth that is top level football now it's back on again.

UEFA isnt going to do anything that harms the completion of Champions League, Europa League or Euro 2021, that we're seeing a rush to complete last seasons UCL in mid-late August on the same days qualification for next seasons UCL is happening says it all. Whether anyone's going to be able to go or not though is another matter.

Yeah same here to be honest. If public transport and pubs are fair game then fuck it, means a change of scene at least. 

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Same here, if the trains are running, i don't mind having a day out.

4 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

It will be interesting to see how many in a "group" they give tickets to.  I know a Spurs S/T holder from Leyland and they have a car load from the Chorley area going to every game, home and away.  Would scupper their plans if only 1 or 2 got tickets for each game.  That scenario is going to be repeated at every club in the country that normally plays to capacity crowds.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, bolton va va said:

Same here, if the trains are running, i don't mind having a day out.

if it starts to happen, and boozers get over run with fans and the potential that that has, then the season runs the risk of being halted.

I really think that such novelty would wear off, particularly if some pubs refuse entry or close.

Just dont see that many doing it.