Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2020/21

Horwich

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Please, please let us attend that. Its 1.8 miles away from my house. In my whole life I’ve never had a BWFC game that I could actually walk to 

Set off the day before?

Used to enjoy strolling down to burnden along the disused railway. A pint, a bit of grub, a game of pool en route once I got older just added to the day.

A lot of fans rarely do midweek games, either through choice or travelling issues. If a high percentage of games are going to be midweek it could definitely impact on potential sales, there is already enough doubt about what games we'll be allowed to attend and the lack of weekend games wont help people commit their £300.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

A lot of fans rarely do midweek games, either through choice or travelling issues. If a high percentage of games are going to be midweek it could definitely impact on potential sales, there is already enough doubt about what games we'll be allowed to attend and the lack of weekend games wont help people commit their £300.

Think any ST is going to have to have a free streaming pass as part of the deal

They'll drop to 15th at some point in the season, 3 points above the relegation zone, sack their manager and bring someone in to make sure they stop up.  They'll win their next two and never be in the bottom half again, without threatening the top 7.  None of their games after February will mean anything and they'll have a disappointing FA Cup exit.  Their best result will be a scrappy 0-0 v Liverpool at home.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Few clubs have been selling seasons tickets since May 

speaking to a Sunderland fan today and they sold 12k as a base line 

Poor fuckers.

Imagine a full season of Parkyball to look forward to.

I feel like season tickets should be remarketed as guaranteed seats for matches that we can attend. Provide bank details and when there is a game with spectators allowed, they deduct £20 or whatever. The way things are, we could be expecting to go to a game in 24 hours and then we have a local lockdown and it’s behind closed doors. Every time that happens the club has to refund us. Seems unworkable, why not take the money the day after each match.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I feel like season tickets should be remarketed as guaranteed seats for matches that we can attend. Provide bank details and when there is a game with spectators allowed, they deduct £20 or whatever. The way things are, we could be expecting to go to a game in 24 hours and then we have a local lockdown and it’s behind closed doors. Every time that happens the club has to refund us. Seems unworkable, why not take the money the day after each match.

Think they'd be more likely to include free streams of all games in the price of the ticket so you are guaranteed to see them all (as long as they go ahead)

14 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'd be prepared to pay for or commit to via direct debit my season ticket up front then attend whenever we're allowed and if something comes up get ifollow access instead or whatever.

We're in totally uncharted waters with this kind of thing now and I think clubs are hoping to rely on their fans charity and acceptance that they could end up paying for a product they might not actually fully receive in return.

Because I'm an idiot, I would pay for a season ticket and not be massively fussed if I only get to watch about 5 games live and not be allowed into the rest, but it's a huge stretch to expect everyone else to be the same. Last couple of seasons I've started viewing my ST as a means to help keep the club afloat rather than a ticket to watch actual football matches.

Edited by Marc505

18 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I'd be prepared to pay for or commit to via direct debit my season ticket up front then attend whenever we're allowed and if something comes up get ifollow access instead or whatever.

We're in totally uncharted waters with this kind of thing now and I think clubs are hoping to rely on their fans charity and acceptance that they could end up paying for a product they might not actually fully receive in return.

Because I'm an idiot, I would pay for a season ticket and not be massively fussed if I only get to watch about 5 games live and not be allowed into the rest, but it's a huge stretch to expect everyone else to be the same. Last couple of seasons I've started viewing my ST as a means to help keep the club afloat rather than a ticket to watch actual football matches.

My thoughts to. I bought the wife and our grandson season tickets last year, the wife had been to four matches previously with me in the thirty odd years we've been together and our grandson was eight months old when I ordered his. I really want to renew all three again this season but I've taken a modest hit financially during the Covid crisis so will have to see how it pans out.

1 minute ago, tkonion said:

My thoughts to. I bought the wife and our grandson season tickets last year, the wife had been to four matches previously with me in the thirty odd years we've been together and our grandson was eight months old when I ordered his. I really want to renew all three again this season but I've taken a modest hit financially during the Covid crisis so will have to see how it pans out.

The impact of the pandemic on people's ability to commit to and afford something like a football season ticket will surely have to be taken into account.

The way FV have handled things so far, I'd expect their communication when ST details are finally announced will be extremely sensitively worded and will be at pains to explain the situation the club is facing. I mean, Sharon could sweet talk me into paying anything really but there will be many who just cant afford it because of covid, no matter what offers they put on.

Well said. I’m in the same boat, I’ll pay whatever they ask for within reason and attending games would be a bonus next season. But they also need to pitch it right for normal people who need to justify a financial commitment and ‘season ticket’ seems like a false promise.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

The impact of the pandemic on people's ability to commit to and afford something like a football season ticket will surely have to be taken into account.

The way FV have handled things so far, I'd expect their communication when ST details are finally announced will be extremely sensitively worded and will be at pains to explain the situation the club is facing. I mean, Sharon could sweet talk me into paying anything really but there will be many who just cant afford it because of covid, no matter what offers they put on.

Game off, weeks access to sharons onlyfans

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

I think the majority on here are willing to pay their ST no matter what, just to help the club out and survive, I'm in that group (or was), but if we do go down that route and pay in, the Government are just going to prolong the delay of fans into stadia because they know fans are are paying in ?

If NO fans paid in, clubs would go bust, but would the government let it go that far, football in this country is a massive industry and contribtes to the economy hugely, players wages, taxes, fans buying merchandise, VAT, taxes, etc.... 

I agree with most of that but the one thing you haven’t factored in is that if we aren’t spending four hours plus on a home game and sometimes twelve plus on away days We’d be spending that time doing other things and thus contributing to the economy in other ways.