Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Facebook ban

Spider

• Moderators

I use the messenger a lot, the site is fucking shite. One of the worst things in the world, every group you get added to gets invaded by some right-wing gammon or PC wet wipe. Then the Facebook know-it-alls... Used to just be "experts" in parking law etc. (they aren't), now in the lockdown era, it's even worse, experts in everything. Fuck off pal.

Twitter is fine as it's tailored to you, stick to what you like, avoid the trolls. Insta also fine, as it's mainly images.

Edited by Carlos

56 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I use the messenger a lot, the site is fucking shite. One of the worst things in the world, every group you get added to gets invaded by some right-wing gammon or PC wet wipe. Then the Facebook know-it-alls... Used to just be "experts" in parking law etc. (they aren't), now in the lockdown era, it's even worse, experts in everything. Fuck off pal.

Twitter is fine as it's tailored to you, stick to what you like, avoid the trolls. Insta also fine, as it's mainly images.

Just tried to join instagram on your advice, but someone already has my e-mail address, so used another one.

7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

If someone has already used your email address pal you should be concerned 

i know, i got a text off instagram to prove my identity, it's finding out who the fuck has got my e-mail address though, i wouldn't have known but for going on that site.

7 minutes ago, leigh white said:

i know, i got a text off instagram to prove my identity, it's finding out who the fuck has got my e-mail address though, i wouldn't have known but for going on that site.

I’m more interested to know what pictures they’ve been posting 😁😁

I’m sure  you can email them which if you do from your email address that has been compromised should give them comfort it’s yours pal 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I’m more interested to know what pictures they’ve been posting 😁😁

I’m sure  you can email them which if you do from your email address that has been compromised should give them comfort it’s yours pal 

Cheers, will try that, i will more than likely end up receiving an e-mail from myself.😄

• Moderators
2 hours ago, leigh white said:

Just tried to join instagram on your advice, but someone already has my e-mail address, so used another one.

It might be you, Facebook and Instagram are linked so you may have clicked through and inadvertently set up an account

I think that's possible

Sure there was a load of sign ups and unused accounts because of this

Anyway

If it's your email can you not just say "forgot password" and get the reset link sent to your email?

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

It might be you, Facebook and Instagram are linked so you may have clicked through and inadvertently set up an account

I think that's possible

Sure there was a load of sign ups and unused accounts because of this

Anyway

If it's your email can you not just say "forgot password" and get the reset link sent to your email?

Yeah, noticed that you could sign in with Facebook, so presuming that was the reason why my email was already took.

Didn't know whether to put this here or in t'other thread where the monuments/statues are being discussed but Mrs just shown me someone's shared on face ache a picture of the Lee Rigby memorial stone saying the council have had to remove it due to pressure. It's utter Bollocks,  and just shows the problem with social media, where there are too many people, from both sides, willing to post utter shit to cause tension and too many people willing to lap it up.