Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

All this talk of someone cheap just maybe something is going on regarding the ownership and we may have options 

if not it’s Nolan or Lee or both 

Doubt there's many businessmen looking to invest in a loss making football club in this financial climate just yet. Can't see anyone risking it.

I can't see us paying compo to another club for a manager, but not sure how that would work with a number 2 like Dean Holden or a coach like Nolan at West Ham? We'll probably end up going for someone like Gary Bowyer or Simon Grayson, I guess that's the pond we're fishing in though.

• Site Supporter

Obviously BSA - but that’s not happening.

Of the ‘realistic’ options on the list - Sam Rickets for me, really liked the work he’s done with Shrewsbury and how he came across. But would he drop a division and can we afford him?

We might be fishing in a smaller pond

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

The lad from Barrow is leading the betting.

I’m hoping Ricketts as  I think Clough is out of reach. How times change

Yeah, his odds seem to be shortening quite a bit, didn't someone on here say Evatt had been interviewed? Could have been a loon on twitter though.

It’s going to be someone who fits into the model the club are going down the so called “ money ball “ route . Phoenix’s is going to be making the signings and they will be looking for someone who is a Coach and can improve young players and sell them on . Phoenix’s obviously looked at what hill was doing with the younger players and potted him 

• Site Supporter

Some mixed views on that Shrewsbury forum.

The comment that we're likely to go bust soon was interesting. Maybe the chap hasn't noticed a pandemic and no income for anyone.

Going to be a rocky road for plenty of clubs in the near future.

Anyway, what do we think, a quick-ish appointment, and time to build or wait for a while as there's still no obvious point in time to return to normal?