Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Good.

He’ll know what a pompous, egotistical, delusional prick he is.

BLM. 

6 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I’m fearing Gary Bowyer

2 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Aye, failed at Bratfud but was undervalued at Blackburn and Blackpool imo.

I think he’d have been a relatively smart appointment under the Anderson’s given he handled Venky’s and Oyston, but I’d like to think we can be a bit more optimistic now rather than appointing another firefighter  

Gary Bowyer lives just around the corner from me, I saw him a while back and mentioned Chris Taylor being a bad signing for us as he had managed him at Blackburn, he said "he'll get goals for you."

Bowyer then went on to sign Taylor for Bradford,  I'm not convinced.

17 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Best not to i interview anybody for the next couple of weeks, wait until these protests die down or it will be the 'not enough black mangers' shit doing the rounds.

There is a reason that there are limited black managers in football   

same reason as their are very limited black people in senior positions in the company I work for. 

its quite simple really 

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Didn't  i hear someone say, when they start employing black managers at teams in the African nations......

Some have been given a chance, some have been good like Chris Houghton, some have been steady like Chris Powell and some have been utter shit like Paul Ince and that bloke from Wolves who was McCarthy's assistant, so its the same thing with white managers, some good, some shit, its a Lottery that has fuck all to do with colour.

Clubs bring in whichever manager they think will do the best job for their club, its got nothing to do with race, unfortunately your John Barnes' of this world have tried and failed, and like other managers have disappeared into obscurity but seem to think they have never been given a chance.

Which is exactly my point. Reason there are limited numbers is they aren’t deemed good enough because of what they are deemed capable of. Fuck all to do with colour. In the UK I’m speaking of of course 

6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Didn't  i hear someone say, when they start employing black managers at teams in the African nations......

Some have been given a chance, some have been good like Chris Houghton, some have been steady like Chris Powell and some have been utter shit like Paul Ince and that bloke from Wolves who was McCarthy's assistant, so its the same thing with white managers, some good, some shit, its a Lottery that has fuck all to do with colour.

Clubs bring in whichever manager they think will do the best job for their club, its got nothing to do with race, unfortunately your John Barnes' of this world have tried and failed, and like other managers have disappeared into obscurity but seem to think they have never been given a chance.

I think there's more to it than that. How can it be that there are so few black managers, not just in this country but in other countries as well?

Particularly when you factor in the ratio of black to white players.

I'm not suggesting that explicit racism is rife in football but I think there's probably still quite a lot of unconcious prejudice about.

Just now, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think there's more to it than that. How can it be that there are so few black managers, not just in this country but in other countries as well?

I'm not suggesting that explicit racism is rife in football but I think there's probably still quite a lot of unconcious prejudice about.

How many black players choose that path? That would be my starting point. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mr Grey said:

I sort of agree, but there are a lot of coaches at clubs from BAME backgrounds, Viera went to the U.S. to cut his teeth, Rudd Gullit was looking good but lost it, Ince was just a prick.

It is a conundrum, if we employed N'Gotty, Djorkaeff or Muamba they would have my full support, but if they played shit football and the results were crap and there wasn't any progress being made, they would get some stick, fuck colour it doesn't matter, i just want a successful manager, even if he (no birds) is black with pink Mr Blobby spots, they will do for me.

Correct. I’d love someone like Karl Henry to come back and manage, he’d take no shit. Has he done coaching badges or got an inclination to manage? No idea. If he has, he’d be worth a look

4 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Correct. I’d love someone like Karl Henry to come back and manage, he’d take no shit. Has he done coaching badges or got an inclination to manage? No idea. If he has, he’d be worth a look

He talks a lot of sense but don’t think we need someone without some managerial experience. 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

The opportunities are there in football, whatever the colour of your skin.

It really rattles me when Ince & Barnes say that they are victims of racism. No, you shitbags, you’ve proved that you’re not a good manager, that’s why you can’t get another managerial job.

I want a successful guy in charge, and I don’t give a fuck about the colour of his skin.