Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I've watched it, and it was interesting, but I'm not sure it points greatly to a managerial genius in its own right.

I think his success at Bury and Plymouth say a lot more

He had a ridiculous budget at bury

And plymouth offered one of last summers bwfc trialists more than we did...whether we could have gone higher, i dont know

What a load of shit.

I'd imagine a cumulative league table of all the clube in England over the last five seasons would have us bottom by a mile. We've been going at barely 1ppg for a decade.

The backing all of our managers have had at matches post-Megson has been staggering. And far more than most have deserved.

6 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

What a load of shit.

I'd imagine a cumulative league table of all the clube in England over the last five seasons would have us bottom by a mile. We've been going at barely 1ppg for a decade.

The backing all of our managers have had at matches post-Megson has been staggering. And far more than most have deserved.

Beat me too it. 

• Members
10 hours ago, W.cramp said:

Just noticed dean holdsworth 50/1 ,    had a couple of quid.  

Can think of better investments to be honest mate 

10 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Just been out for a walk and was mulling over the potential new manager.

Most of our successful managers have been tall, hear me out.....

Big fellas: Allardyce, Todd, Rioch, Ian Greaves .....

Relatively small and some midgets: Sammy Lee, Freedman, Lennon, McGovern....

So anyone over 5'11 will do for me 😁

Little Whitt will be gutted

Just now, Blondi said:

I like what I've been reading about Ian Evatt, big gamble though.

Think any of the realistic names mentioned would be a gamble in a way, I don’t think the standard of the top 6/7 national league clubs is any different to what we will be playing at next season 

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Yes Lowe would be a good move 

however unless he’s after a move back north can’t think why he would come 

When PA are at home, all his family have to travel down south to spend time with him. 
When PA are away, he takes the Monday off to visit family after PA sat game.

1 minute ago, Horwich said:

When PA are at home, all his family have to travel down south to spend time with him. 
When PA are away, he takes the Monday off to visit family after PA sat game.

Could well want a move back north then 

don’t know much about PA in terms of finances etc are they a club on the up? he might be onto a good thing and next move could be a better job then us 

My tenner went on Evatt but not necessarily because I want him to get the job, I've no idea out of the available who I think would be the right person.

I was talking to someone the other day and they are still confident that the owners and those involved have got money and so on but has anyone heard anything to the contrary? 

Was watching those Wheater interviews last night and more or less every player he speaks to has pushed Lee to get the job.

They all speak so very highly of his coaching abilities and I'm sure the club will be listening, if they don't already. 

Best thing of all will be that he's cheap. 

13 hours ago, Horwich said:

What did you think of the video?

I have not watched it all - it runs for over an hour 

Watched bits of it 

Have seen him on the Football League Shows in the past 

He comes across as a likeable bloke - but am not sure what there is in the video to put him in the frame ahead of others ? Clearly having won promotion with Bury and then Plymouth in successive seasons  which is an achievement in itself - he himself needs to kick on and prove he can take Plymouth to the next level - and he should be excited by that challenge - they have a massive fan base - he may well possibly turn out to be the next Chris Wilder - who knows ?

Just dont see how at this stage of his career you are making a comparison with Bruce Rioch or on what basis ? 

Its early days to be making any sort of comparisons with other managers  - he needs to achieve some success at a higher level before such comparisons can be drawn 

26 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Was watching those Wheater interviews last night and more or less every player he speaks to has pushed Lee to get the job.

They all speak so very highly of his coaching abilities and I'm sure the club will be listening, if they don't already. 

Best thing of all will be that he's cheap. 

Yet Lee himself thinks his talent is in man management rather than coaching.

He's "not the best coach in the world", apparently.

These next couple of weeks will say a lot about FV, this is their only chance to show their true ambition due to the embargo. Do they want to go the cheap, easier option in a Bowyer type figure or give it a go and try to change the whole mentality of the club and go after a young coach like Evatt or Lowe (Less realistic).