Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really dont want Lee or JP as our manager we need a complete change and if dof is the way to go so be it sick of watching losing football and players losing mentality ,all I want his to see us win some fecking matches.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

We will also never find out who we "might" have had without this system in place.  One thing's for sure, there wont be experienced managers out there saying to themselves, there are 4 clubs after me but I'd love to go to Bolton most so that I can work with TP and have less control over transfers.  Its only going to reduce our managerial options.

That was the point I made in my previous comment 

3 hours ago, Steejay said:

Whoever it's gonna be, we need to make an appointment pretty quick.

Players, all over the place, are coming to the end of their contracts and are already making plans. We shouldn't be missing out on any opportunities.

Argyle's player of the year - Sarcevic - has just turned down a new contract coz he wants to move back up North.

He's just an example of what may be around.

I'm not sure we do need to make it quick, if TP is doing the recruitment, then that's already in place. If it's  a head coach we're after, who knows who might become available in the next month or two! It's not like they'll have anything to do, or anyone to coach for at least another 4 weeks or more!

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

I'm not sure we do need to make it quick, if TP is doing the recruitment, then that's already in place. If it's  a head coach we're after, who knows who might become available in the next month or two! It's not like they'll have anything to do, or anyone to coach for at least another 4 weeks or more!

I’m not sure that he’s going to be selecting the players.

Coach/Manager will give a list and then the DOF goes about all the negotiations.

If TP is picking the players, we are fucked!

1 minute ago, Steejay said:

Coach/Manager will give a list and then the DOF goes about all the negotiations.

See, that's what I said earlier, I'm not really sure what his role is or how he works in this structure. I was just under the impression that he was identifying potential talent too, I thought it was him that brought in Faal (which onions man ignored) & the young lad that was loaned straight back out to non-league 

27 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Why are we fucked? That’s the way this sort of system works. It’s very much stat based scouting and that’s how they find these players is it not. Sure I read somewhere football manager is actually used to scout players. How true that is i don’t know 

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Lowe would be exciting and very unexpected if we pay to release him, , Evatt done very little and is very inexperienced so don’t think he’s the least bit exciting. 

I think Evatt has got Barrow playing easy on the eye football with buttons, so for me he can only improve on the last few years we've had to endure, could be the next Wilder.

5 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

I think Evatt has got Barrow playing easy on the eye football with buttons, so for me he can only improve on the last few years we've had to endure, could be the next Wilder.

I’d like to see a longer apprenticeship, he’s not for me at this stage. 

14 minutes ago, desperado said:

How would you feel if he left? And do you think it’s realistic he could do?

A lot of fanbase down here have from day one lived with realisation a decent job near Liverpool would see him away. 

BWFC would need to convince him there wont be repeat of his experience at Bury. 

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, green genie said:

How much cash backing do you reckon it took to make Lowe favourite?

Sorry should have answered your question rather than grilling you about losing your manager 😂 I don’t reckon much, small wagers on an unpopular market, will shift the odds, so I wouldn’t put too much faith in the moving markets 

2 minutes ago, green genie said:

A lot of fanbase down here have from day one lived with realisation a decent job near Liverpool would see him away. 

BWFC would need to convince him there wont be repeat of his experience at Bury. 

Yes you’re right, I reckon it’s going to take a considerable compensation package and a convincing sales pitch that’s it’s a progressive move.

cheers 👍

National League clubs have voted for Promotion of 2 teams to League 2. Has to be ratified by the FA Council but that's a given.

Barrow playing BWFC next season.

Would Evatt want to come to the UniBol? Wouldn't he prefer to continue the "Barrowcelona" project?

Edited by Havoc

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Lowe would be exciting and very unexpected if we pay to release him, , Evatt done very little and is very inexperienced so don’t think he’s the least bit exciting. 

I'm not sure Evatt's done "very little".  Getting a club promoted to their highest position in 48 years isnt bad.  Yes I think Lowe's potentially a good 'un too, but he got a big fish promoted back to the league they should be in as a minimum, nothing out of the ordinary (over 10k average crowds in league 2).  And was part of a Bury club that bought promotion with players they couldnt afford.  Not much to choose between the 2 track records.

1 hour ago, Havoc said:

National League clubs have voted for Promotion of 2 teams to League 2. Has to be ratified by the FA Council but that's a given.

Barrow playing BWFC next season.

Would Evatt want to come to the UniBol? Wouldn't he prefer to continue the "Barrowcelona" project?

If he didn’t then we may as well call it a day!!!!