Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Think its bollocks from the arsenal days apparently he was a quiet guy who didn’t shout about about his personal life or bring girlfriends to games

If that's the qualifications then there's some raging homos on here including me!

1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Be like many workplaces gossiping and weasels stirring shit up

anyway with your collection of Adidas your a stylish raging homo😀

only joking people marc isn’t gay 

It's a fucking good job I put them pink Hamburg back on the shelf at Size!

12 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

I was after giving him the benefit of the doubt, but a few thing that some fans have have posted on here in the last couple of hours as scared the shit out of me.

I dont want the fucker anywhere near our club. He sounds like right arrogant greedy unstable cunt! 

I'm with you. Based on results etc there are worse managers out there but it isnt all about that, we need a stable presence and like you say its a scary thought to have him running our team at this delicate stage in our history.  

3 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

He did a good job at Macclesfield kept them in the football league but are they the credentials of someone we need to push on

as for Southend it was a horror show finished 5 points above a team who had to start on -12

he did however go one better than chino and that was getting beat 7-1 at HOME to donny (ok his first game will cut him some slack)

He wasn't in charge for the 7-1, he was just in the stands.  And they had Hamilton sent off early on and were 1 up (like us at Accy).  Then down to 9 men...so definitely not as bad as our's.  Anyway I'm not here to defend him, just cant hold that 7-1 against him any more than I'd hold our 5 goal defeats in Aug/Sep against Parky and Hill.

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

He wasn't in charge for the 7-1, he was just in the stands.  And they had Hamilton sent off early on and were 1 up (like us at Accy).  Then down to 9 men...so definitely not as bad as our's.  Anyway I'm not here to defend him, just cant hold that 7-1 against him any more than I'd hold our 5 goal defeats in Aug/Sep against Parky and Hill.

Tongue & cheek the 7-1

But considering the points advantage they had on us we didn’t finish far off

anyway we both agree he isn’t for us👍

Hi very rarely post on here but a friend of mine who plays non league knows a few lads who played under Campbell at Macclesfield. Apparently when the captain suggested the system wasn't working during a losing streak he was brought in front of the squad by Sol and asked how many England caps he had, the players were then told if they question him again they could "f*ck off" and would be out of the team. Obviously this is third hand information but it seems to line up with rumours about his ego. Hill used these sort of humiliation tactics last season and seeing how that ended, it definitely feels like he would be the wrong man for the job. 

2 hours ago, kent_white said:

I can see them going for Chris Powell. No compo - decent if not glittering record - experienced at all levels up to the Championship and still relatively young. 

Southend fans didn't rate him, he inherited a decent squad from Phil Brown and messed it up, he's apparently too nice and wasn't a patch on Phil Brown.

Interviews this week...Serious question who the fucks doing the interviews. Yes I know it will be Tobias  Phoenix Andy Gartside and Sharon Brittain, with perhaps Michael James and Peter Kenyon. I am sure if they approached  Big Sam perhaps Peter Reid and asked them would they sit in on the interviews for a small consultancy fee I am sure they could get a better feel for the candidates.

3 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Interviews this week...Serious question who the fucks doing the interviews. Yes I know it will be Tobias  Phoenix Andy Gartside and Sharon Brittain, with perhaps Michael James and Peter Kenyon. I am sure if they approached  Big Sam perhaps Peter Reid and asked them would they sit in on the interviews for a small consultancy fee I am sure they could get a better feel for the candidates.

That'd surely be more than enough wouldn't it? In fact even that many big wigs interviewing would be enough to put some people off a position. Be like meeting a birds overbearing mum and father in law before you even go on a date!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Whitestar said:

Who said Sol Campbell was gay?  Never heard that before.

rumour in his Arsenal days was Lennox Lewis used to batter him around the ring

probably started by Spurs fans

Sol loves The sausage. He’s a no from me. Not because he’s a sausage jockey but because he’s a twat and wouldn’t fit our club. 

the fact Paul heckinbottoms interest in the job has been leaked by someone tells me he’s being considered. to my Knowledge he’s the only one who has been confirmed as having applied/thrown his hat in the ring so why would that be the case? 

didn’t do well at Hibs but I quite like the guy. Controversial I know. 

anyway it’s evatt‘s job if he wants it. 

8 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

That'd surely be more than enough wouldn't it? In fact even that many big wigs interviewing would be enough to put some people off a position. Be like meeting a birds overbearing mum and father in law before you even go on a date!

Perhaps if they are interviewing for a corporate management position yes, but if Evatt walked in and said he likes a ball playing goalkeeper and I like to play with wingbacks with three in the centre. And I want all teams from under 11s through to the first team to play the same way I am sure it would go over most of there heads. If he came in and said I am only interested in the first team and signing players on short term contracts with no fees or Agent fees maybe it would sound better to the money men...but would be suicidal for the club.