Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think he might've applied for it. They're interviewing as a matter of courtesy, surely?

he has applied for it or he wouldn’t have been given an interview surely?

they aren’t doing it to pay lip service I don’t reckon, they must be giving him the interview as they feel he’s a strong enough candidate I imagine. 

13 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

For me it’s a waste of an interview. But he has been incredibly loyal and you could argue he deserves an interview. Still can’t see him getting it. 

Probably a goodwill gesture to appease some of our fans, FV will probably say he was on the shortlist but he didn't have the relevant experience at this time.

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

He signed Vela and Doidge for Hibs...mmm.  Although he signed Kiefer Moore and Ollie McBurnie for Barnsley which made them a tidy profit, and got them promoted from Div 1 and to halfway in Championship when he left for Leeds.  Only given 3 months at Leeds so unfair to judge that with no transfer window etc. I'm not really interested in what he did in Scotland, same with so many other managers up there, it doesnt count for much as its such a wierd league. 

McBurnie, as well as he did, was only on loan from Swansea

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

he has applied for it or he wouldn’t have been given an interview surely?

they aren’t doing it to pay lip service I don’t reckon, they must be giving him the interview as they feel he’s a strong enough candidate I imagine. 

If he doesnt get it, hes out the door

Id think theyd let him interview for an alternative role

2 hours ago, DazBob said:

Nixon's a clueless cunt. I can't believe anyone takes him seriously.

He might as well just be any bloke down the pub.

He does my fucking head in. Only reason I've not stopped following is that we're not exactly blessed with media folk tweeting about us, even if it is mostly crap.

His current line is we're scraping the barrel and interviewing waifs and strays, whoever's free, but we've only gone and managed to not interview the only free agents who are actually any good (Bowyer, Clough). And if we just happen to find a decent free agent we'll just appoint them, otherwise we'll try and find some money to attract a bloke already in a job. His tone is as if to say we're this clueless, tinpot outfit desperate to get something for free.

Cunt.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Unless Lee puts together some absolutely world beating PowerPoint presentation on the lessons he's learned about the club in his years behind the scenes and how he would go about revolutionising it...

He’s lazy and has no ambition.

Otherwise, he’d have been gone years ago.

20 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Probably a goodwill gesture to appease some of our fans, FV will probably say he was on the shortlist but he didn't have the relevant experience at this time.

Am I missing something about Jolley?  How will it appease fans to interview him, is there a link?  Got a masters degree in economics at Cambridge according to Wiki, and was U23 manager at Burnley for 4 years before managing in Sweden then Grimsby.  Put him in the box marked  Available/Free/Low Salary/Happy to work under any transfer restrictions imposed by TP.

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Am I missing something about Jolley?  How will it appease fans to interview him, is there a link?  Got a masters degree in economics at Cambridge according to Wiki, and was U23 manager at Burnley for 4 years before managing in Sweden then Grimsby.  Put him in the box marked  Available/Free/Low Salary/Happy to work under any transfer restrictions imposed by TP.

I think he was referring to Lee.