Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I think it was more Coyle  inheriting a bog average midfield from Megson and the excellent signing of Holden being able to carry it for 6 months.Holden was a one man dynamo and when he was injured it was back to the shite he inherited.Cohen/ M Davies/Muamba/McCann - difficult to get a tune from that at PL level as both Meggo and Coyle found

That midfield got top 6 under coyle. When it got decimated by injuries the wheels came off mark Davies Muamba and holden we haven’t seen the likes of since 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mannyroader said:

Just listening to Phil Neville summarising Leicester v Brighton on the telly. I wonder if he considered throwing his hat in the ring. Wouldn't be my choice but it's not me deciding.

Please fuck off.

Nothing personal x

And Gavin Mcann scored the winner at Boro to help keep us up..

..I remember saying at the time “If anyone can, Gavin Mcann can” got me a few claps from some fans around me - and I’ve been dining out on It ever since 🤪

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

And Gavin Mcann scored the winner at Boro to help keep us up..

..I remember saying at the time “If anyone can, Gavin Mcann can” got me a few claps from some fans around me - and I’ve been dining out on It ever since 🤪

Not for the last 3 months 😉

34 minutes ago, Mannyroader said:

Just listening to Phil Neville summarising Leicester v Brighton on the telly. I wonder if he considered throwing his hat in the ring. Wouldn't be my choice but it's not me deciding.

He won’t be entering any race like this while he’s still got his cushy number with England Women. 

2 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Didn't know that but it's put me off Ricketts a bit now.

Me too.  Your original neanderthal,  in-your-face manager (and player).  When Barrow took temp charge of Wrexham before following Ricketts to Shrewsbury, his assistant was Jussi.  So its nailed on he'll back here if Ricketts comes!

2 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Megson was a bellend with many flaws but he left coyle with a fantastic side.

What were they doing in the bottom 3 then when Megson was sacked.This "fantastic" side had 2 easy Xmas matches against Burnley and Hull to get them out of the bottom 3 but they could only draw them both.They weren't a fantastic side, they were bottom 6 material and Meggo had them 3rd bottom half way through the season

2 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I think it was more Coyle  inheriting a bog average midfield from Megson and the excellent signing of Holden being able to carry it for 6 months.Holden was a one man dynamo and when he was injured it was back to the shite he inherited.Cohen/ M Davies/Muamba/McCann - difficult to get a tune from that at PL level as both Meggo and Coyle found

Holden was outstanding, but he wouldn’t have been half the player without Muamba’s contribution.

He was equally as energetic and constantly breaking up play for 90 minutes, allowing Holden more freedom. Those two were perhaps the best centre midfield partnership I’ve ever seen in a white shirt up until the Evans tackle.
Their combined energy papered over Coyle’s complete lack of expertise for a long time.

That’s why it was absolutely baffling that Coyle neglected Muamba once Holden got injured.

13 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

What were they doing in the bottom 3 then when Megson was sacked.This "fantastic" side had 2 easy Xmas matches against Burnley and Hull to get them out of the bottom 3 but they could only draw them both.They weren't a fantastic side, they were bottom 6 material and Meggo had them 3rd bottom half way through the season

Because megson was a shit manager.

35 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Some Barrow fan on twitter, 

Some Barrow fan on twitter, like I say could be bollocks.

Their chairman's comments on BBC just now are interesting, part of it makes you think yeah no doubt Evatt is off here then the compo gets brought up and itll all need paying up front no installments and it might be enough to see us off.