Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, tomski said:

Not sure that was the case but I’m only guessing.

I think an ambitious manager would agree that kind of compo as he’d have the belief it would be paid (like it seems to have) and he can probably earn a few more quid with a higher release???

Yes it was reported as cost cutting in the Bolton news 

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/18511912.bolton-ceo-emma-beaugeard-step-cost-cutting-measure/

8 minutes ago, Big E said:

only Bolton could be paying to sign a manager that people want and still have fans moaning about it. 

Not moaning but being realistic and not get carried away 

First of we haven’t signed him don’t think we have that sort of money to throw about and assemble a Squad as well  . 

But can’t see the figure of  a Quarter of a million to get him being correct

Interesting barrow lost  three quarters of a million this season which was covered by the chairman And board they probably have more money than us 😂

Edited by Farnywhite

4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Unbelievable isn’t it 

Dont know contract situation with their players but i believe most of them are based nearer Bolton than Barrow so Evatt if he is appointed might bring a few over with him. anyway id think hed be good at identifying decent available talent in lower leagues.  Be a positive step for me and trust FV to be happy with any compo agreement so not a worry tbh

1 minute ago, snowball said:

Dont know contract situation with their players but i believe most of them are based nearer Bolton than Barrow so Evatt if he is appointed might bring a few over with him. anyway id think hed be good at identifying decent available talent in lower leagues.  Be a positive step for me and trust FV to be happy with any compo agreement so not a worry tbh

Yes that’s my take regarding being a positive step, the fact the club are willing to pay says something 

10 minutes ago, snowball said:

Depends how many are under contract given the transfer embargo means we won’t be able to buy any players. 

26 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Not moaning but being realistic and not get carried away 

First of we haven’t signed him don’t think we have that sort of money to throw about and assemble a Squad as well  . 

But can’t see the figure of  a Quarter of a million to get him being correct

Interesting barrow lost  three quarters of a million this season which was covered by the chairman And board they probably have more money than us 😂

This is the mentality I find frustrating. Do a basic google of the net worth of our owners. They have more the ED had. They aren’t smashing money out it would appear due to the embargo’s and restrictions on the club. Everyone assumes we have nothing. Last time I check we were just becoming sustainable which is what people wanted. If they find money when it’s needed I don’t see an issue 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

This is probably for the season tickets thread, but I agree with this completely.  Not necessarily to pay for a new manager, but surely they want some income?  Loads of us would be happy to "advance" the club £100 to use towards the season ticket.  We'd all be paying towards it now under normal circumstances and we'd completely understand the club needs some "readies" for signing new players etc.

I think if we are serious about STs let's start paying. It will show FV that the fans are behind them, and may give them an indication of the numbers of STs they are likely to sell.

46 minutes ago, Big E said:

This is the mentality I find frustrating. Do a basic google of the net worth of our owners. They have more the ED had. They aren’t smashing money out it would appear due to the embargo’s and restrictions on the club. Everyone assumes we have nothing. Last time I check we were just becoming sustainable which is what people wanted. If they find money when it’s needed I don’t see an issue 

I’m not sure net worth is all that counts to how much money you can put into a club depends how much is tied up in assets surely?

Googled Sharon Brittans net worth, according to hitc she’s worth 45 million. Eddie Davies came up as 65 million in 2009. I don’t know how much Michael James is worth but doubt it’s absolutely loads.

Everyone probably assumes we have nothing because we’ve not had a chance to spend anything, granted, but we haven’t actually bought out Evatt yet, until we do, we’re still broke in the eyes of many.

Hope we get Evatt in. It's got that bit of intrigue about it. A man on the up with no negative history meets us at just the right time. Got a good feeling about it. 

I was definitely in the pub and probably raised a glass when Hill got appointed as that felt right at the time too so I know fuck all. Same as any other fan. FV have felt sound since day one though. I trust them to get this right.

21 minutes ago, tshape said:

Hope we get Evatt in. It's got that bit of intrigue about it. A man on the up with no negative history meets us at just the right time. Got a good feeling about it. 

I was definitely in the pub and probably raised a glass when Hill got appointed as that felt right at the time too so I know fuck all. Same as any other fan. FV have felt sound since day one though. I trust them to get this right.

Good post

9 hours ago, tshape said:

Agree with most of this the only question I have about Evatt is how he performs under pressure and when things aren’t going his way, Hill wilted under that pressure, let’s hope Evatt is big enough time take it on the chin and continues to make good calls when under pressure.